Part 1 and 2

Part 1.I have chosen Weebly as the site to design my final project on. I have to be honest the words “easy to use” are what drew me in. I am not too savvy navigating websites  and I really appreciated how there is a side bar next to the design that I am working on where you can literally pick what you want and then drag it in. I will be continuing to play around with it today, but so far I was able to upload pictures, change the cover picture, add a title, and insert a graph.

Part 2.  I am going to have several pages that people can click on for the different areas of my argument.  I think claim is going to be “Although social media and use of technology through the internet have become a large factor in the success of nonprofits, in order for an organization to most effectively reach it’s audience, both parties must take steps to ensure they are properly utilizing their time.”  This is a bit of a twist from what I originally was looking at (just the ways social media/technology benefit a nonprofit) but I stumbled across an article for a nugget post a couple classes ago that was speaking of the ways one should allocate their rime on social media to truly reach effectiveness and this got me thinking. (Much of what I found before speaks of the benefits of technology which is all super useful. I will probably make a tab “Ways technology is already being utilized by nonprofits and what this leads to”)

However, this new post suggests that in order to properly allocate your time on social media, there’s more than just posting and putting the information out there that needs to be considered ( only 35% of time should be spent engaging with the audience. (I’m assuming this is the actual postings) 20% of time should be creating and curating content, 25% should be researching and planning and 10% should be spent respectively analyzing past performance and collaborating with your [ public relations/ social media] team. And this got me thinking. Well if there is a certain way that social media teams of nonprofits should be looking to utilize their time to properly get information out there, is it possible that there’s a certain way the audience needs to respond in order to actually get them engaged? For instance, how many people actually follow nonprofit organizations as part of their time on social media? Do people even use social media as a means to access information or are they using it as a form of displaying their life? I am considering this because of another article I found that interested me. It was something big in the news recently when an Instagram model exposed the truth behind social media, saying it turned her life into a lie. But it was argued back that it was just the context in which she chose to use it.  I think in order for people to really benefit out of technology and social media and to be able to fully absorb information that is being thrown at them, they need to be willing to receive it. I will look for stats about this on what most people use technology/ social media time now and then from that, figure ways nonprofits can improve and still manage to reach these audiences.

I think use of social media as a way to benefit nonprofits is kind of a given. Plenty of nonprofit organizations have looked to instagram, twitter, Facebook, even snapchat. But what is not considered is HOW these organizations are using those outlets. Are they considering the specific audience at hand rather than just assuming social media/technology allows them to reach a large audience?? How much more effective are posts if one truly stops to consider the ways to reach an audience? And just as much, theoretically, an audience should be working to seek this sort of information. They must be willing to receive all the information nonprofits make available to them.

Profile photo of jacobsma

jacobsma

你好! 我叫Morgan。我是大雪学生。我少英文。我少一点中文。