“Man vs. Computer”

Technology is everywhere, it’s in everything, and the world would not function the way it does without it. Computers are a different story, in the article “Man-Computer Symbiosis” author J.C.R. Licklider speaks about a time when humans and computer will work together to analyze, test and discover new technological advancement. “Man-Computer Symbiosis is probably not the ultimate paradigm for complex technological systems. It seems entirely possible that, in due course, electronic or chemical “machines” will outdo the human brain in most of the functions we now consider exclusively within its province.”

When most people see computers and humans trying to work together, this is the greatest fear they have. If the world ever reaches a time of technological singularity, the chaos that follows will be the worst of it’s time. Although I am a huge fan of technology, I wish to keep our systems humane as possible and have restrictions on “computer” programs and how they function. Human_vs_Computer-e1364619445645

One thought on ““Man vs. Computer”

1. Based on the numerous books and movies that illustrate how awful it would be if computers and humans became too reliant on each other, I understand your fear of “technological singularity;” however, I’m not sure how accurate those works of fiction actually are and whether or not we need to worry about that. I suppose only time will tell.