Inquiry Project #3

Sorry Im playing catch up but I never wrote about what my topic was going to be on, so here it is!

Looking at other peoples topics worried me because a lot of them are on AI technology. I really struggled with picking a topic so I decided to do something related to my major. As a fashion merchandising student I wanted to write about something related to the fashion industry. I originally wanted to write specifically on fashion forecasting but as I began my research nuggets I realized there were not enough sources. Since then I have decided to redirect my studies on how computers have┬áchanged the Fashion Industry as a whole. I think that by writing on the whole fashion industry I will be able to conduct more research and make a better argument.┬áComputers have changed design, marketing, and merchandising. I want my reader to have an understanding of how Computer Aided Design had made it easier for designers, how blogging is a new marketing tool, and how e-commerce is a new aspect of merchandising. So many people discount the fashion industry but their are so many components that don’t receive enough recognition.

Research Question;

What affects does social media have on the fashion industry and are the affects more positive or negative?

Is my topic to broad?

Is there too many components?

One thought on “Inquiry Project #3”

1. What affects does social media have on the fashion industry and are the affects more positive or negative?

This is a fine question to begin your research. You may find more research on some social media platforms than others.

Where are your research nuggets?