Filter WordPress Title but Only in Admin Area

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/bionicte/public_html/wp-includes/feed-rss2.php:11) in /home/bionicte/public_html/wp-content/plugins/danger_mouse.php on line 35
I am playing around with unfurling1 open graph data in the WordPress TinyMCE editor. You can see what that looks like in the video above. It’s a lot like the oEmbed experience in WordPress but with the open graph information driving it. I want the data to go into the post body but I don’t want a title that links to a post because these types of posts are more about getting people out to that original content. People could still manually enter a title and that’d work but if they choose not to I thought it’d be nice if it was just removed from the equation. That’s pretty nice on the front end but on the backend you end up with a maze of posts with the title (no title). That seemed irritating so I cobbled together the following function which creates a mini excerpt from the post content but only applies the filter when you’re in the backend/dashboard. Nothing fancy but a nice little pattern that I expect I’ll use again. via GIPHY 1 I like how furl and url have similar sounds but it is a ridiculous term. […]

Read More…

Digital Histology & the Long Haul

Normally we finish our projects in anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks. Digital Histology has been the exception to that rule. I can see a reference to the site going back to Nov. of 2016! That doesn’t mean we’ve worked on this site continuously for years. The gaps have been frequent and long. OER grants have been written and won. Presentations have been made. Work has ebbed and flowed as the massive amount of content has been entered. There are more than 1500 pages1 and over 5GBs of images. It’s a large site. A ton of work has gone into its construction, new goals have developed, and just about all of it is a little strange. 2 I figured I’d better document some of this before I forgot all of it. The History I don’t recall all the details but essentially long ago in a Macromedia Authorware galaxy far, far away a digital histology program was constructed. Time passed. Acorns grew into trees. WINE was now required to launch the digital histology program. The screen was a tiny 752×613. It only ran on desktops. Updating it was nearly impossible. Things were not good. After much wandering we found one another and endeavored to put this work online for the betterment of humankind. Having a previous project did […] […]

Read More…

Digital Histology & the Long Haul

Normally we finish our projects in anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks. Digital Histology has been the exception to that rule. I can see a reference to the site going back to Nov. of 2016! That doesn’t mean we’ve worked on this site continuously for years. The gaps have been frequent and long. OER grants have been written and won. Presentations have been made. Work has ebbed and flowed as the massive amount of content has been entered. There are more than 1500 pages1 and over 5GBs of images. It’s a large site. A ton of work has gone into its construction, new goals have developed, and just about all of it is a little strange. 2 I figured I’d better document some of this before I forgot all of it. The History I don’t recall all the details but essentially long ago in a Macromedia Authorware galaxy far, far away a digital histology program was constructed. Time passed. Acorns grew into trees. WINE was now required to launch the digital histology program. The screen was a tiny 752×613. It only ran on desktops. Updating it was nearly impossible. Things were not good. After much wandering we found one another and endeavored to put this work online for the betterment of humankind. Having a previous project did […] […]

Read More…

Privacy Statement