Permanent Stay

You can now tag me #AlmostCanadian.

About 10 months since crossing the fenceless, welcoming border into Canada to live with, love, and marry Cori, the government has said I can stay.

Yesterday, a typical Big Blue Saskatchewan Open Sky Day, we drove to Saskatoon for the final interview to get my permanent resident card. We took the word “interview” as a possible quiz on each other; as it turns out, it was more of an approval of the paper work our lawyer had submitted for us in September.

This means I can stay here. The word joyous is an understatement, can you tell?

This Woman I Love
This Woman I Love flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)

The other cards are lining up- I got a Health Card 3 weeks ago (still sorting out details on what it covers for my diabetes) and a Saskatchewan driver’s license today. The only thing I cannot do now is vote.

This opens the door for a possible summer road trip for us across the southern border.

Most importantly, it means a big step in the process of a forever stay here with Cori, under these open skies.

Featured Image:

2019/365/97 Earth Meets Sky
2019/365/97 Earth Meets Sky flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)