Partial Draft Assignment

Throughout the past three weeks, I have spend time find sources both scholarly and  non-scholarly and have spent time reading each one and analyzing on what the author of each source was trying to convey. As stated in my previous blog posts, my research question is; How will artificial intelligence help the future and in what aspect? And is their a potential downside to the evolution of artificial intelligence? One thing that all the authors have in common is that a future with AI technology is destined and the work for AI has been happening for long time, but only within the past couple of years has the progress accelerated due to advancements in other fields and that fact of better materials and capital for the development of AI.

Another thing that most of the authors stated was that the development of AI can both be a blessing and curse for mankind. Yes AI will help mankind out by helping out with our day to days tasks and it will help make our lives easier and simpler. But however, some of the authors chimed in by saying that as AI technology continues to advance mankind will slowly stop advancing and instead will be stationary in our evolution. Evolution for mankind helped us out to be compatible with our environment and any time it changes we will slowly change to adapt it. The authors said that AI technology can make us lazy and that will start loosing our brain capacity, of course not all of us but a good portion of mankind might slide back on the evolution tree and no AI technology can help stop that.

Another thing that some of the authors chimed in was that the development of AI is only restrained my mankind’s creativity. As long as we can think of a problem, we can create something that will solve it for us. The one thing that many people get confused is that people think that AI is robots or devices, but little do they know that AI is the programming the robots are nothing but a capsule for a program. AI has been a huge past of mankind during the past couple of years, for example, look at siri, bluetooth, the different type of sensors in our cars such has cruise control, blind side detector and so on.

When it comes to my research I feel that the most confusing or hard to understand area is when I call into question how will artificial intelligence help the future and in what aspect? The reason that I am confused is because to answer this question can be tricky. I am to mention the different types of AI tech that can help in the future and how will they help us? In that case I guess I should find the top 5 or 10 future AI tech of the future and give some detail of it and state on how they will help mankind. Or, Am I supposed to say how AI can help in different fields such as in the field of medicine or in science or in math and so on?

I claim that artificial intelligence will change how mankind will live in the future.

because artificial intelligence can help carry out day to day activities..

because they can carry out tasks that were once dangerous to man..

because they can destroy how man have evolved

One thought on “Partial Draft Assignment”

1. What was most interesting about your Inquiry Project was the fact that you stated, “But however, some of the authors chimed in by saying that AI technology continues to advance mankind will slowly stop advancing and instead will be stationary in our evolution.” Shouldn’t that mean that we have already plateaued on our evolutionary time line? Or do you mean in terms of more advance AI?

Your draft seems to be a bit confusing because you are trying to touch on so many different areas of AI. I would agree with you that you should either focus on one piece of technology or one field of research. AI in general is way to broad.

“Another thing that some of the authors chimed in was that the development of AI is only restrained my mankind’s creativity.” This sentence from your writing intrigues me because it could possibly go both ways. Will a human us AI as a crutch or a branch of their thinking?

Keep writing and researching and the progress of your paper will follow along!