Sociology at Virginia Commonwealth University is developing an applied option in the Masters of Science program to be offered entirely online! As Chair of the VCU Sociology department, I would greatly appreciate if you would pass this announcement along to any faculty, staff or student you think may be interested in this new and exciting program.
The VCU Sociology M.S. online applied option is:
- High-quality. Students learn with the same faculty and same program structure as on-campus sociology graduate students
- Designed for the lives of working professionals. Students work on their own schedule entirely online.
- Versatile. This is a non-thesis program focused on the foundations of sociological theory and research. Most students will pursue the M.S. in Sociology. Some students will be non-degree seeking, acquiring necessary credits for career advancement.
- Practical. Through a six-credit capstone internship at a site of their own choosing, students apply what they have learned in a way most relevant to their own professional/personal development.
- Innovative. The program uses the latest collaborative technologies to support students and promote collaboration. Also, students build an e-portfolio that results in a professional online presence useful in pursuing a new career or taking the next step in an existing career.
Sociology at VCU is a vibrant, growing, and publicly-minded department with a strong commitment to student engagement and innovation. See what we offer!
- Visit the Online Sociology Program web site and learn more about the department
- Learn more about Virginia Commonwealth University from the VCU website or get an overview from its most recent annual report.