Uncategorized

“You met me at a very strange time in my life.”(Fight Club, 1999)

This is the final reflection right? I guess this makes it the FINALE, Dun Dunnn Dunnnnnn. (ง •_•)ง     ψ(._. )>

Hi Folks,

It was a pleasure reading your posts on Dr. C’s forum and your Ram Page reflections. Joining you dudes each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1pm and listening to Dr. C’s tracks while anticipating the start of class was relaxing (the class itself was doubly so).

IM GONNA MISS YOUR ATOMOSPHERE! (っ °Д °;)っ

This is my earliest reflection this semester. I usually post at 11pm on Sundays and sometimes late  (っ °Д °;)っ. I’m posting early because I foresee an extremely busy weekend where I’m gonna get hammered by Biology. I decided that it would be wise to complete this assignment much sooner as well as complete hypothesis, which I will hopefully complete before I have to go to work in an hour.

Unfortunately, I was only really able to skim through Gulliver’s Travels this week. I really wanted to get in on the deep action and the details but I was getting sucked away by the current count down going on in life (which I’m sure everyone else is experiencing as well). Hearing you all share your points in class today (as well as on Forum Posts) has made me ponder Gulliver’s Travels in different manner than I did prior. In the past, I hadn’t read Gulliver’s Travels and had only seen and heard others renditions, movies, and summaries of the tale. I always thought the story was about some dude who came across a crazy Island of natives who had never seen anything like him before and wanted to eat him or kill him…kind of like a mix of Christopher Columbus and King Kong-but also not really. I guess I was way off the mark.

This week made me Realize that GT is much more complicated and isn’t as straight to the point. I will have to go back and take my time reading it and re-reading it to fully grasp what is going on. However, hearing Dr. C describing excerpts has given me an Idea of what to expect. Listening to your discussion in class has shed new light on Gulliver and now I see him from a different perspective (I see him as a stubbornly prejudiced scumbag rather than an adventuring hero…). Of course I will have to deep read the story and decide how to feel about him myself. I like to see the light in even the darkest of characters. I often put my self in their shoes to perhaps see as they do (to discover who, and why, they are the way they are within). I don’t like to rush and stick the knife when it comes to confronting and reasoning with the bad guys (I often feel much more empathy for the evil or stupid in stories and real life than I do for the good-a weakness or strength, I’m not sure, but it’s the way I do ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) ).

On a different and perhaps unrelated note, I finally got the small electronic/digital “typewriter” that I ordered in the mail yesterday! It was in pretty banged up shape (I got it used because it was much cheaper that way) but I cleaned it, fixed/taped it up, and inserted the 3 needed AAA batteries. The previous owner had left a lot profanity and weird sentences saved in the files which I promptly erased after reading (it seemed like he/she was super frustrated and gave up on life).

I couldn’t stop writing the moment my fingers touched the keys. I sat there and typed for an hour and had to pull my self away so that I could go do some homework (っ °Д °;)っ. I’m so excited to have it and can’t wait to get using it more often! Feels like an early Christmas! Unfortunately, I need to get wires to hook it up to a computer and printer that way I can upload and print files.

THIS IS WHAT IT FELT LIKE… 😀

I suppose that will be it for my final reflection. I had a lot of fun typing these up this semester.

This is a final farewell from the Orangutan…forever, maybe…unless I see you guys in future classes which is probable if your are an English Major who will be at VCU for the next 3 semesters.

Stay Safe,

Orangutan, Player 3, Sarwat

“If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?”― (Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club,1999)

Uncategorized

Hey

Hey,

I’m breaking my usual theme this week.

This week was a week. The conclusion to Paradise Lost was pretty cool, though I don’t think I will be attempting to read it all in one go anytime soon, especially not overnight (Though I may potentially during the break).

I’m interested to have a look into satire and really enjoyed the Friday lecture and discussion. Though I am also hesitant because I enjoy satire but I don’t like picking things I enjoy apart to the extreme (I hope we don’t over analyze; tends to ruin the atmosphere of a work). Nonetheless I am very keen on this next chapter and hearing Dr. C lecture as the last few classes fly by.

Life is okay right now. I’m overwhelmed in anticipation and numb. It’s always difficult for me to decide whether to do the work I want to do versus the work I am assigned to do. In the end I always end up choosing the work I am assigned to do or do neither. Which sucks because there is so much work I wanna do for myself without the anticipation of other assigned work. I can’t wait for school to be over, forever.

That is all…  🙂

Orangutan

Uncategorized

“He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.”(Adolph Hitler)

HEOWLLO FRIENDIALOPIOZIEKILES (Trying to make up a greeting that sounds familiar-ish),

I’m pretty late on my reflection game again…

(;′⌒`)┗( T﹏T ). 3:07 AM. I’m probably gonna ask you guys what your sleep advice is on the forum this week. I need to  learn how to sleep. ‘Cause I’ve forgotten. Recently this past month or so, I’ve been sleeping anywhere from 7am to 2pm and waking up at 4pm- It’s really bad.

I’ve spent so much of this week worrying (and losing sleep) about everything that I missed out on some assignments and classes. I just now completed my hypothesis assignment. It passed me by me again. It best done late then never though. I flunked the Paradise Lost quiz first time around but then saw Dr. C email (like an angel in my inbox) which gave permission to take advantage of the extended due date by means of a retake. I’m so grateful! I did way better the second time around; not perfect, but better!

THIS IS ME WORRYING (っ °Д °;)っ

Paradise Lost and the Faerie Queen may be my two favorite pieces this semester followed by Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and John Donne’s poems. Milton is a most extremely intelligent/Knowledgeable writer who makes us question our own thoughts, behaviors, and social acceptance (received and given). I know that at this point of Paradise Lost that we are supposed to view Satan as pathetic evil scum and hate him for his actions and opinions; but I can’t seem to bring myself to. He’s so relatable even at his worst. I see him as an underdog whose fate has been sealed for complete damnation but he won’t surrender his beliefs and goal without a fight even if it is sore and pathetic. He knows that he has lost and accepts it but still wants the make the most of that loss.

GET THAT RING DANG DOO!

I was vouching for Trump  for another 4 years, but oh well (I don’t particularly like his personality but there’s a lot he has done that’s ignored). I don’t really trust Biden nor Harris to do good on behalf of the U.S. (but I’ve got my fingers crossed maybe they won’t be too-super bad). But I was extremely concerned about  AOC suggesting a list be made of Trumps “Sycophants” recently:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/you-are-insane-conservatives-slam-aoc-after-she-asks-followers-to-archive-list-of-trump-sycophants

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/trump-accuses-democrats-of-cheating-what-goes-around-comes-around

Looking over Trump’s last 4 years:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/26/best-things-trump-has-done/

https://www.waynegrudem.com/list-of-25-good-things-president-trump-has-done-for-america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn_g–_1Www

Man, I don’t like politics… ψ(._. )>

Captain America is losing his mind

That’s it for me folks. Perhaps we’ll meet another time, like next Sunday…yeah that’ll be my next reflection. I ought to do it the Friday before though, so it is not late. (っ´Ι`)っ. Welp, time to fill this page up with comics and videos and gifs…..yup.

Sarwat thee Orangutan Out,

Would ya’ll maybe agree that JFK was the last normal-good (not necessarily perfect) president or not? What do you think?

Uncategorized

“What’s the boogeyman?”(Halloween,1978)

Velcome too zee ClaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssss, Classs

All is well. Definitely well. Absolutely well.

W+rf=345C-96T*100E12-40^-e12s

W=345C-96T*100E12-rf

W=0

That is the equation of my life…a random equation of random ventrilioquawaffles… 4567 to be precise.

Sorry ya’ll,

I didn’t know how to start this weeks reflection so the above was the result.

I found this weeks forum to be interesting due to our discussions around Satan. Hearing everyone’s perspective was cool. I also really loved listening to Dr. C discuss the book 1 and book 2. He spoke with a certain passion and enlightenment which brought the books to life (he has a way with words; expressing them, specifically).

The Halloween story and painting was delightful. I remember a classmate making a connection between the Grinch looking over Whoville VS. Satan overlooking Eden. I thought was a brilliant insight which could be traced to hundreds of films and stories where an antagonist approaches or is introduced to a new setting (there is a certain theme that accompanies that image but I don’t know what to call it; impending doom?).

EVEN SATAN NEEDS A BUDDY TO LISTEN
NICE, I NEED SOMEONE LIKE SATAN IN MY LIFE…

This week has been pretty uneventful other than the high tide of assignments looming over me and the sudden onslaught of frustrating and condescending customers at work.

I can’t wait for this semester to come to the end. My life force is waning and my mind is crumbling. I want it to be over. I’m tired and exhausted and I’ve been reflecting on university. I didn’t want to continue school after HS but I had no where else to go (I told myself that maybe I’d benefit and make my parents happy). Ever since I started it, I have been resisting it. There’s so many things that I want to explore, Projects to bring to life, drawing classes to take, skills to build, and books to read but I feel like university is in the way.

I don’t plan on sleeping tonight, I’ve got a bunch off assignments I want to get out of the way so that I can have a head start this week.

I’m gonna keep this weeks post short and cut it off right here.

until the next of times folks,

SAYANORA ψ(`∇´)ψ(´▽`ʃ♡ƪ)(^∀^●)ノシ

I don’t play games but I found this dude who played HL in VR all funny-like. The rat part is the best @ 3:34-4:45.

Uncategorized

“My Excuse for looking like this?… I’m a writer”(Limitless, 2011)

Hey,

I hope all is well. The semester feels like it is closing in and I swear I can feel the pressure of it on my head {{{(>_<)}}}.

I’m not feeling as ecstatic as I usually am when I write reflections so this one will be more mellow. I have a lot that I could say but I don’t quite have the energy-trying to save some energy for my other assignments that I’m trying to catch up on.

This weeks Othello was the most emotional evoking piece that we’ve read so far. I feel like it was the most debatable piece and the piece we discussed where everyone had somewhat differing viewpoints. The play itself was intriguing, angering, shocking, and upsetting. Iago was my favorite character (I know, I’m terrible right (^∀^●)ノシ ). He in my opinion was the character that created the story and was also the most misunderstood. He was also the most charming in a sneaky/sly manner. I definitely feel that is a very capable person; though, it’s unfortunate that he let his emotion get the best of him and let his people skills/tactics go to waste. He caused quite the bit bit of chaos; who says one man can’t make a difference even if it isn’t a good one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Overall I think the story was pretty fun and exciting for me, not the characters-they had a not so good time. Maybe they all learned something…don’t be jealous or angry? Hopefully resurrection is real and they get to live infinite lives learning infinite lessons. Maybe they are among us today in a parallel universe among the stars; or not.

I WONDER IF THIS IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED…
LOOK AT THESE TWO LOVEBIRDS. IAGO, MY DUDE, WHY COULDN’T YOU CRUCIFY SOMEONE ELSE? NOW THESE TWO WILL NEVER GET A HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

My life been pretty mellow. I’ve put on my thinking cap and will be doing loads of studying and work in my personal mind. I’ve also remember that I have my own personal goals and projects I want to get to; I want to be a writer after all …not sure how I’m gonna do it besides write a lot. I’ve been brainstorming books and poems in my head and want to get to putting them on paper very soon. I want have an established writing career with a publisher before I graduate.

On another note, I haven’t eaten any food since October 19th and have just been drinking a lot of water. I have a bad relationship with food and I found that the best way to reset my appetite was just to stop eating for awhile; it works really well for me. And on the plus side I don’t feel, hungry, I get no stomach aches or headaches, and my energy levels are pretty level. Water Fasting is something I’ve been practicing since the 11th grade. Most of the water fast I’ve some previous were usually around 7-30 days I also would do some sprinting during the shorter ones. This time I’m hoping to actually reset my appetite permanently and use all my excess weight (burning it for energy, fat serves a good purpose when food is scarce or avoided). My goal this time is to go 40-50 days with only water that way when I break my fast I can resume eating like a normal person and working out regularly. So far I’ve lost 12lbs. An interview with Dr. Goldhamer of the TrueNorth Health Center is what inspired me to finally put my foot down and say “enough is enough” and go for the longer fast.

That’s all I’ve got for this weeks reflection (though I’ve got so much more stashed away…).

So until next time folks,

“I knew what I needed to do and how to do it.” (Eddie Morra, Limitless, 2011)

ADIOS-Thee Orangutans Clocking out.

Uncategorized

“One Batch, Two Batch, Penny, And Dime”(Frank Castle/Punisher)

CIAO Y’ALL,

IM GONNA BE TYPING THIS WEEK’S REFELCTION IN ALL CAPS AND ONLY IN “HEADING” FONT, JUST BECAUSE (I THINK IT’LL BE FUN, FOR ME). ALSO, LOTS OF TXT EMOJIS…(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!!!!!
IT’S CURRENTLY 11:00 PM, i USUALLY START MY REFLECTIONS AT THIS TIME WHICH IS PROBABLY NO GOOD. i THINK THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE IT’S WHEN i’M SANDWICHED BETWEEN A DEADLINE AND A PERIOD WHEN MY MIND IS MOST ACTIVE. i CAN’T GET TIMELY SLEEP BECAUSE OF THIS. MY ANXIETY FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK IS AMPLIFIED EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT.( ̄o ̄) . z Z ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)
*JUST NOTICED AUTO CORRECT DOESN'T CORRECT THIS FORMAT, SO THERE'S PROBABLY GONNA BE A LOT OF TYPOS; HEADS UP (THOUGH I 'LL DO MY BEST TO SELF CORRECT)(^∀^●)ノシ *

OKAY. NOW THAT ALL THE MUMBO JUMBO’S OUT OF THE WAY, lET US GET SERIOUSLY SERIOUS LIKE SURREAL CEREAL. ಠ_ಠ
OUCH. AQUA MAN WAS MY FAVORITE HERO WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD.
ANOTHER WEEK PASSED…AND IT’S BLURRED AS USUAL. BUT I DO REMEMBER A FEW THINGS THAT WERE PRETTY IMPORTANT LESSONS TO ME.

I’m gonna stop writing in all caps and headings right here, I got bored really quick. It’s also giving me a headache >﹏<.

1ST LESSON OF THE WEEK : disscusion posts/size

This week I posted 2 posts (as Player 3) on the forum in related to Donne. One was extremely big and the other was medium sized (but only due to the 2 videos in put in).

The one that was extremely big got zero responses and a moderate amount of views. I realized that I made a error (I was skeptical even as I posted it) because the size of it was rather obnoxious (kind of like how ALL CAPS is obnoxious). I tried fitting 3-4 subjects into one post which were: a reintroduction of me, John Donne (quick thoughts on his bio), Favorite lines from Elegy 19, and homage to ASDF (a youtuber who passed 8 years ago but from who my profile pic originates). Initially I posed no question but added it in later. I don’t feel that it was a very good post due to the lack of interaction it received.

So I went on to make another post but changed things a little. This one was related to John Donne’s work in an adverse environment and I wondered if people had any hardworking remodels (there was also poetry involved) that they wanted to share. I got three awesome/deep responses which I really appreciated and so I responded back in a manner I thought to be appropriate. In the post title I included a flashing bulb which I feel is probably why this one got much more views; way more than I anticipated (and really fast).

The views and responses are important to me because they are essentially a visual aid which tells me if a post stimulates activity and interaction based on It’s title and content. I think the lesson that I learned was the a title must be unique enough and alluring to draw attention for a click (sort of how YouTube might use clickbait). The content determines whether or not I get a response. If there is too much content or it’s confusing, then it’s likely I’ll get no responses or a few long/thorough responses (which I personally find very appealing because it shows that others were able to relate on a greater level than a quick n’ short response).

In the future I will make posts that are extremely straight and to the point but also simple because I realize that a complicated post may deter other classmates from responding. It may be the case that the post becomes more of an assignment to respond to rather than a chat.

RANDOM COMIC 1 CDRUTFJCGKVHLBKJ
lesson 2: lanyer

As I was reading about Lanyer this week I consciously & unconsciously tried and see if Lanyer’s points held or if they could easily be rebutted. I typically do this automatically with all subjects because there a 1,000 perspectives to look at something but that number tends to narrow down significantly when looking at facts and logic (such as when implementing psychology, biology, and history, etc.) I found that her points held very strong overall but I did have contradictory thoughts which were somewhat trivial as I annotated. One of the points was brought forward by a classmate in the annotations about a virtuous woman (stated as nature vs. nurture) being the one to give birth to Jesus in order for him to adopt the same moral values. I felt that even if he was born to someone other than Mary, someone morally flawed, that Jesus could still have grown to be as he was. This is because he would learn through observation and emotion what was wrong based on the community’s responses. Though, little points like these were trivial and the overall argument of determining gender treatment equality based on interactions with god was very solid.

*before I continue I feel it’s necessary to point out that Layner seemed to be arguing for better treatment (not to be treated as a “bad/wrong-doing woman”) and not necessarily equal rights. The reason I say this is because I’m about to give my opinion (or what I and statistics regard as fact, I don’t mean to offend) on equal rights & opportunity (in the U.S.A.) which, may not be related to Lanyer in the secular and modern sense.*

In the secular world, I don’t think the argument (of equal/same treatment) would hold because even if the genders are treated equally and given equal rights (such as in the U.S) there are many factors which would make the genders appear unequal in the aftermath. Equal opportunity/rights doesn’t necessarily mean equal outcome; they’re not synonymous nor should be. The two genders are biologically different, have different preferences (in general), and tend to live different lives which effects the overall/typical outcome for both. This,  in my opinion, is okay, because equal people live different lives and preform differently in certain aspects/endeavors which effects almost everything (and it’s not really related to their equality).

The reason I make this argument is because it seems to be a controversial topic among not just genders but also other races, religions, and ethnicities. People tend to be criticized for trying to statistically explain (Ex: why there are still pay gaps) differences between people of different demographics despite they’re legislative equality and treatment/behavior equality. My stance is that equal opportunity is not the same as equal outcome. There are numerous details about peoples livelihoods, biology, communities, history, personalities, and behavior which tend to get disregarded.

RANDOM COMIC 2
LKJHGFDXCVBNMIUHBN
lesson 3: life

This week I learned 4 new skills:

• How to boil eggs in a microwave
  • How to make peanut bread in the microwave
  • How to sharpen any knife (to the point that I can shave my face with it)
  • How to begin playing the Harmonica

I’ve also stockpiled on books that I intend to read next week on living an organized life:

• Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules of life
  • Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art
  • Orison Swett Marden’s Success Fundamentals
  • Dale Carnegie’s The Art of Public Speaking

The reason for all of this is to pull my self out of a deep hole that I fell into way back when I was in the 11th grade but have been stuck in until now.

There’s a quote by Frank Castle/Punisher in the recent Netflix series:

“Pissed off beats scared every time” (Frank Castle)

Which, I really loved.

I’m feeling pretty pissed. I’ve let lethargy, fear of change, cheap distractions, day dreams, and procrastination get me down for a long time. It’s been a very long time that I’ve felt the need to climb out of this rut and stay out of it. I’m gonna do it this time. Like for real folks.

SUPER REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!

(o゜▽゜)o☆

RANCOM 2345
MODNAR CIMOC 3
LKJHGFDCV
WELL IT APPEARS TO BE 12:54 AM, OOF. ALMOST 1AM
(っ °Д °;)っ

SO UNTIL NEXT TIME FOLKS,

Th-th-th-th-th….th-th-th-th-thhhheeeeeaaaaats-th-th-th…nevermind.

KNIFE SHARPEING VIDEO EXPLAINING A BURR

(THIS VIDEO HELPED ME BREAK THROUGH MY CONFUSION AND UNDERSTAND HOW TO GET A KNIFE RAZOR SHARP):

PEANUT BREAD RECIPE:

I MADE MY OWN VERSION WITH A SCALED DOWN RECIPE (OF THE ONE PROVIDED IN THE VIDEO) AND USED THE MICROWAVE INSTEAD OF THE OVEN. I ALSO MADE OTHER CHANGES TO MATCH MY PREFERNCES.

THIS IS AN AMAZING SONG I DISCOVERED TWO YEARS BACK BUT WANTED TO SHARE…

TRY TO STOP YOURSELF FROM DANCING, I DARE YOU (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Other songs by Caro Emerald (though this is a remix) that I like are “ooh that man”, “you don’t love me”, and “doctor wanna do”.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!! ╰(‵□′)╯

Uncategorized

“Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”(Wizard of Oz, 1939)

HOW HOPS IT? WHAT’S THE CRAIC! and AHOY ladies and Gentleman.

I was having trouble thinking of greetings so I stole some from MF, Mental Floss:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/55480/15-terrific-alternatives-hello

This week had some pretty great moments. I really liked the ending of Book One of the Faerie Queene. I think we can all agree that the dragon had it coming; what goes around comes around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

IT IS NOT BUT IT IS THAT IT IS BECAUSE IT IS
THAT’S NOT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED… 🙁

I found myself more active in the forum than usual. This was mostly because I’ve been waking up way early around 5-6 AM-ish (Amish, 🙂 ) and with a lot of stress or thoughts. I figured I if I could organize some thoughts together and post them or respond to others as it may be pretty good relief. AND IT WAS! I found that each post gave me a sense of fulfillment of my civic duty (as a classmate) but I also felt more productive and therefore made more posts. My mind was also awakened and I felt it difficult to stop the gears from turning in my head (posting becomes pretty fun).

In regards to the meeting on Friday, I didn’t participate with my voice, only my camera (after tidying up my room ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ). I was bummed at myself for keeping shut. I didn’t feel that I had much to contribute. Most seemed to voice their appreciation for the manner of the class, a feeling which I share. British Literature is by far my most colorful/lively class this semester. It is in fact this sort of organization and theme (reminiscent of my 9th and 12th grade English classes) that made me want to switch majors from Electrical Engineering to English; along with a strong desire to write endlessly however I want. This is the only class that I really get to vent and get creative (forum and reflection posts have very little parameters aside from staying relevant-which for me screams “surprise, it’s time to paint!”(⌐■_■) ). My Biology forum is extremely strict and my American Literature is a once a week thing and it is some what monotonous/colorless.

I didn’t really have any criticism. Though there was one thing I had thought to bring up but was hesitant due because it was really broad and I wasn’t sure if others would share my desire (also because I had to go work a double-shift in a matter of minutes and didn’t think I’d be able to stay for the response).

The thing was that:

I wished there would be more interactions among reflections (similar to how we do  discussion forums). I just think it would be cool to share my favorite things and the randomness of my pages with other classmates while simultaneously learning about them and their favorite things. Though I understand that the weekend for most everyone is a time to chill and not worry about assignments, busy schedules, and life troubles so I didn’t want to impose on an weekend assignment (⊙_⊙;). Also, we’ve already started commenting on each other’s posts so I figured it be best to give it time.

In the future I shall do my best to participate in class discussions (I can hear Yoda in my head telling me “there is no try, only do!”). I will also keep my face n’ space tidy so that I feel comfortable with the cam on from here on out.

ARE YOU SURRRE U WANT THAT?
HMMM….I RELATE.

On a related unrelated note- more of my other life I guess. I’ve gradually come to realize that much of my failings are really a result of self-sabotage due to my fears and wrong-doings (much like the Cave of Despayre).

I think it was Socrates who decided to obey his consciousness (inner voice of responsibility) and claimed that it brought great success and recommended that all do it. I have no doubt that it works but it seems that it would require a copious amount of discipline with which I am not equipped. I’d probably have to abolish my consistent expectation and need for rewards and instead build a patience to wait for long-term outcomes for the betterment of my being.

That’s something that must be installed into my mind immediately and and actually practiced, all the time (lifestyle change). I’ve succeeded in the past in similar endeavors but only for about a month or so before misery strikes leaving me desperate for any comfort (food. lethargy, and ignoring/postponing my family and personal problems).

It reminds me of this quote:

SORRY, TEXT KINDA SMALL… 🙁

while searching for that one I found these bottom two as well. I probably should read this dudes work (rather than his quotes) he might have the answers I’m looking for (⓿_⓿).

TEXT SUPA SMALL AGAIN… 🙁

I just realized it’s 11:59 PM- Nope just hit 12 AM. This reflection is officially overdue…but I want to add a lil more (ง •_•)ง.

I’ll finish up writing here but add some media below it.

So until next time folks!

SARWAT THEE ORANGUITAN OUT!!!!!!

Houston, we have a problem” (Apollo 13, 1995)

—————————————————————————————-I’m not much of a gamer but I love listening to video game (and cartoon) based music and theories (as well as reading the plot rather than playing it; though sometimes it’s the other way around if the gameplay is really good). Here’s a song by JT MUSIC ; it’s maybe my favorite of theirs:

No woman no cry:

(っ °Д °;)っ   ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

How to wear sunglasses:

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞   ( •_•)>⌐■-■    (⌐■_■)

Uncategorized

“I find your lack of faith disturbing”(Darth Vader, A NEW HOPE 1977)

Hey gang,

Whats up? The sky! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) HA!

No but seriously. This week passed extremely fast; I think I forgot to blink.

Starting the Faerie Queen and Reading through the Cantos and Analyzing the Allegories has been interesting. I like the story itself even without the allegories due to the adventurous atmosphere and suspense (such as when Una and the Redcrosse Knight are separated or when the Redcrosse Knight gets accompanied by Duessa undenounced to her evil (similarly with Una and Archimago). The allegories drew in my curiosity on the matter because it’s like reading into a parallel universe where everything that happens in this fantasy represents/happens in real life or vise versa.

My favorite part has been the confrontation with Duessa and Redcrosse being saved (simultaneously from a witch, giant, and hydra) by King Arthur with Una beside. This scene seems like it would be the at the end of a movie (the end of the conflict; where the main (or major) enemy is defeated or postponed). Makes for an epic summation.

The part where Duessa is stripped and is seen for her ugliness reminded me of when Luke Skywalker (Star Wars VI reference) made Vader see the error in his ways and reveals the ugliness of the Palpatine (who is electrocuting Luke Before Vader’s very eyes).

Outside the Faerie Queen World (reality), my world has not been too fine. But since my world is usually not fine, I figure I must adopt a new perspective otherwise this gloom will be the undoing of me.

I’ve fallen behind in my classes yet again including this one. I didn’t realize I had missed a hypothesis assignment (and for several days it slipped by me unnoticed). This was a likely result of me snoozing in and out my days, and missing major details (forgetting to read my emails and updates), forgetting to check the calendar that I made.

Nonetheless, I shall still complete the assignment because way late and nothing is better than never and nothing. I will also being utilizing the next 24 hours to grind and catchup in all my other classes because I’m tired of this feeling of chasing my schedule and homework around.

I’m just going to do it like NIKE always said to.

“Young fool. Only Now, At The End, Do You Understand”(Palpatine, Star Wars VI).

Well until next time gang,

Sarwat thee Orangutan out.

Xylophone, Free Apple, Witches On Tinder, and Jason & Friends are also really great animated clips from Worthikids on YouTube if you liked the one above.

Also here’s a new song that I discovered this week (thanks to Xylophone) that I really liked:

Uncategorized

EVEY-“Are you like a crazy person?”… V-“I am quite sure they will say so.” (V for VENDETTA, 2005)

Hello Compatriots, Confidants, Comrades… Buddies,

What a nice day we are having. The weather must be great. But I wouldn’t know that because I’m shut in my room with the curtains closed and the door locked; lights are off. I had an epiphany exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes ago. Sooo – calculations loading…- approximately 12:38 AM I think (I apologize, I’m submitting this reflection a wee late). More about this in a second.

This week we had a brief discussion about Philip Sidney’s Astrophel and Stella which was dope for two reasons. First, I love poetry and most everything it entails. Second, I could relate to his poems and about having unrequited love (or initially having love but suddenly having it being revoked for some reasons left unexplained by she who hath done thee revoking 🙁  ). I,  like him, had written poetry about it but for myself to vent and then to scrap (though pieces still linger in mind). I found it interesting because the points he made in made in his poems were similar to my feels and thoughts- chicks are confusing. That’s why I prefer chicken it’s more savory and easier to eat. In poem 1 (line 14) when his Muse called him a “fool” and told him to “look in the heart and write” – I thought to myself, “bruh it’s not that easy”. Words and answers are hard to find especially when searching. Either way, from my experience, speaking from the heart doesn’t work out and makes the situation worse. It’s better to wear a façade and pretend everything is chill.

Random not so Random Video of a show I discovered a while back that is really funny and I think I want to share:

Alright, back to my epiphany:

I waste a lot of my time out of fear of moving forward. But what if I stopped this and just slaved to my reality.

First, I would have a lot of time on my hands for all the goals I have. Most importantly right now is catching up in school. But I also want to complete and publish my first book, start a story channel on YT, sell drawings and microscopic photography on Etsy, and get fit. That’s way a lot, I know, but I believe I can achieve it if I forcibly get out of my rut and grind.

Second, I may not feel as low. A lot of my lows in life come from taking extensive part in cheap pleasures/kicks: binging YT, food binging, music binging, daydreaming, sleep, the list is endless. Stopping cheap pleasures though is terrifying because I’d have to find a way to cope with boredom for the sake of long-term pleasure’s (my goals).  I’ve heard of people having withdrawal exhaustion after such endeavors but that they also reacclimate to live said “boring” lifestyle.

I don’t know. I feel like it is something I must do now for the sake having a different reality (sacrificing my current daily “now” for a different daily “now”). I’ve never liked having all the work that I must do constantly pile up in front of me and behind me. I just want to deal with it pronto and get it out of my way so that I can do the things I actually take pride in. Perhaps this means permanently putting away distractions through which I escape my life and slaving to reality in the hopes of freeing my self from this constant fear of a collapsing overload.

I think I spent too long on this reflection. And it’s past due… so I should submit it as soon as possible. Right now (•_•) .

So until next time, Adios.

Sarwat Ihsan

” I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused. One: ‘Si vis pacem, para bellum.’ Latin. Boot Camp Sergeant made us recite it like a prayer. ‘Si vis pacem, para bellum – If you want peace, prepare for war.'”(Punisher, 2004)

Uncategorized

“No, Patrick, mayonnaise is not an Instrument”- Squidward

Dear people whom I do not see but I’m sure your there,

love is cool.

This week has been kind of a blur. I don’t really remember what happened.

Reading and Hearing about Julian of Norwich has actually made me wonder about my life and the Universe we inhabit. It reminded me of much of Alan Watts lectures.

We discussed in class about Julian’s Idea on how love keeps this universe alive and running. I never looked at that way until. I always thought it was because earth keeps revolving and everyone and everything has a contract upon birth to fulfill until death.

I see it as contract because we are borrowing energy to live our limited lives. Then we have to give up this energy upon death so that others may use it when they are brought into the universe. The goal of the contract is to experience “what is” and to contribute to the cycle.

I suppose I should have more positive outlook. Maybe I will borrow Julian’s idea on love. I need to give a little more love in my life :-).

In other news, I have decided (earlier this week) to add pictures/videos to every discussion post and page I make. I particularly love Gary Larson’s  The Far Side comics (child hood memories).

https://thehotbid.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/042218_far_side_gary_larson_for_hot_bid.jpeg

I also want to share a a video from Alan Watts about life that I feel sort of fits this week theme on the purpose of life.

Soooo until next time folks,

-Sarwat

“The only wrong thing is to deny what your heart truly feels”

Zorro, Mask of Zorro