Week 10: I’m Tired

I saw a blog about the same topic in recent posts, but I thought I’d still share since I wanted to write about this for this week’s blog and incase some needs to hear from others to know that they’re not alone.

I don’t know what has been going on with me, but I’m just exhausted. I’m mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. It’s assignment after assignment after assignment… never a break to BREATHE.  I try to sleep every chance I get, which is already rare from the amount of work I have.. but I know I shouldn’t be complaining as there are other people in this world who have far more bigger problems than me. However, it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that feels like this.

For the past couple weeks, ever since we got back from spring break. I was immediately overwhelmed by the amount of assignments and tests piling on top one another. My life was wake up, go to classes, do assignments, study for tests, do more assignments, eat if I have the time, do more assignments again, then sleep around 4am. Then its repeat all over again. I thought it was a never ending cycle that would just keep going until I fell and gave up. Is this what college is? It’s not that my classes are too hard or I can’t do it, but it’s that everything is happening out of nowhere… like a punch right to the face and I can’t get a chance to breathe. There was a moment where I was happy and thriving, but then it went right down to the point of where I felt like I didn’t know who I was and lost my personality. Then I started to go back up and feel like me again, and the fact that it’s only freshman year and I already feel like I went through everything is just not how I imagined everything to be (not too be dramatic but it’s really the way I feel). I know my self mindset changes and experiences were all happening for a reason, but I did’t understand why I was feeling like it again (I’m okay though, it was just a thought). After all my classes yesterday, it was the first day I could actually go home and rest. I know it’s not over yet, but it’s nice to just sit and close my eyes for a second. I thought I was the only one who felt like this out of nowhere, but it’s comforting to know the fact that I’m not the only one. I think this is the time in the year where everyone is in the mindset of summer and no school. I know this is just the beginning, like a small rain puddle in our path before a giant ocean we’re going have to cross in our next years to come. In the end, I know this is all part of the college experience as we’re growing into an emotionally and mentally strong person. It’s setting us up for the future.

One Reply to “Week 10: I’m Tired”

1. I definitely feel like everything is hitting me as well. It’s definitely not just you! I’ve noticed that the difference between high school and college for me is that, although the difficulty of the classes is easier (which I didn’t really expect), you are cramming the material in four months versus nine months. I am in all online classes, so it’s been a bit difficult to find the motivation to do the work, since I don’t have any professor to get on me about it every class. Having an agenda helps me to stay organized and motivated because I love the feeling of checking something off my list. I also make sure that I am giving myself time to rest every chance I get. Even if sleeping isn’t an option, I feel like resting is your next best thing. There have been times where I haven’t slept, but I have just got in my bed and scrolled through my phone all night. Even though it’s not sleep, I still managed to have enough energy to get through the next day, energized because I wasn’t putting my mind in so much pressure. I really suggest giving yourself even just two hours twice a week set aside where you can tell yourself that you are going to so something that relaxes you. It really helped me when I was dealing with a lot of work!