USI.5 The student will apply social science skills to understand the factors that shaped colonial America by
- a) describing the religious and economic events and conditions that led to the colonization of America;
- b) describing life in the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Southern colonies, with emphasis on how people interacted with their environment to produce goods and services;
- c) describing specialization of and interdependence among New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Southern colonies;
- d) describing colonial life in America from the perspectives of large landowners, farmers, artisans, merchants, women, free African Americans, indentured servants, and enslaved African Americans; and
- e) explaining the political and economic relationships between the colonies and Great Britain.
Revolution and the New Nation: 1770s to the Early 1800s
USI.6 The student will apply social science skills to understand the causes and results of the American Revolution by
- a) explaining the issues of dissatisfaction that led to the American Revolution;
- b) describing how political ideas shaped the revolutionary movement in America and led to the Declaration of Independence;
- c) describing key events and the roles of key individuals in the American Revolution, with emphasis on George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and the Marquis de Lafayette; and
- d) explaining reasons why the colonies were able to defeat Great Britain.
Given a set of nonfiction informational texts, the students will be able to research and synthesize information to create an accurate 15-second skit on the app TikTok about the American Revolution.
PEDAGOGY: independent research, small group learning
CONTENT: American revolution causes and results bab-yyyy
TPK- The technology relates to the pedagogy because the students have to research their topic for the information that they need to put in their TikTok
TCK- The technology is related to the content because if they don’t know and understand the content, they don’t have anything to put into their TikTok
PCK- The pedagogy relates to the content because the students will do independent and group research using nonfiction texts within the classroom
Assessment: Students will be given a rubric that scores from 1-3 (1 being unsatisfactory, 2 being partially satisfactory, and 3 being satisfactory) for each category. The categories include:
- Final product