Favorite Season

Unpopular opinion: I am one of those people who highly dislike the season summer. It all roots from when I come from, India. Even though I didn’t grow up their a majority of my life, I was fortunate enough to take month long vacations there as a kid. Now, in India, it is hot 99% perfect of the time. There is no such thing as snow there so it was heat all around. Sometimes the a/c would break and everyone would be left with just keeping doors and windows open for some sort of air. And the worst part of all and that comes with the heat. Mosquitoes. For some reason, every time I was in India, I would always leave with an additional three or four bug bites on my arms or legs. And of course best believe I was itching like CRAZY. Don’t get me wrong, I love India and that wouldn’t be the one thing that would ever stop me from going back but that’s where my dislike for summer comes in. But here I am talking about India’s heat, when really, NOVA has the worst heat. I just feel like in the summertime, it can be as hot as it can and you still can’t take off layers. The heat is definitely great for tanning but in terms of just walking around in such a high heat wave, you’ll be dripping sweat within 5 minutes. Cold air will be constantly needed and ice won’t do the justice sometimes and a/c’s will tend to break. This is why I love staying home summertime because of constant a/c. I also dislike summer because of there’s just not enough balance. I want to be able to walk outside knowing it’s not scorching and having the slightest bit of wind. The perfect weather combo is there being sun with the slightest breeze. I want to be comfortable with the weather. This is why I believe spring is the perfect season. You get the blooming of flowers, the nice bit of wind with some sunshine, and you are causally walking out and about fanning yourself from a heat wave or even layering up due to such cold weather. I would honestly be cool with just having spring as an official season but we all love hoodie season too. I just hope this summer doesn’t become the hottest summer.

3 Replies to “Favorite Season”

1. I definitely agree that spring is a great season. The weather is usually a great in between where it is not too hot or cold. However I have really bad allergies, which is pretty much the only reason I don’t like spring. I don’t mind all the rain or humidity, but for me my favorite season has to be fall. I know, super basic, but I just love the weather where you aren’t sweating from the heat or shivering from the cold. I also love all the holidays in the fall like Halloween and Thanksgiving. I certainly agree with you that summer isn’t very great though, sometimes I cannot stand the heat and it puts me in a really bad mood when I have to spend a lot of time out in the heat.

2. I am from the Virginia Beach area, and it can get pretty hot down there. I personally love the spring time as well, because as you stated the Summer time can be really hot. I agree with wanting to walk outside and feeling comfortable and not having to worry about exploding from the sun. Spring is kind of the best of both worlds the flowers are blooming, and you are recovering from the treacherous winter months and you get that taste of warmness. While at the same time it is not too hot or too cold. The only downside is that it rains a lot in the spring time.

3. I can relate to this post in some ways. My dad is from Jamaica and my mom is from Dominican Republic. These two places are in the Caribbean and which is near the equator. For this reason, there is only one season, HOT. The only time there is anything other than the heat is when it rains. Usually the rain will be very hard rain and I don’t know if it has to do with how hot it was but I would always say that if it’s really hot, then it will rain really hard. When you combine rain and heat you get one of the most annoying things in the world. Mosquitoes. These blood sucking insects are so dangerous because you can’t feel it when they are sucking your blood. You hav to constantly slap them to kill them and have a net around your bed so they don’t get you while you are asleep. I like winter since I’m from New York and I am used to it but my birthday is in July so my favorite season has to be summer.