VCU LEAD accepts applications for the new class of VCU LEADers. VCU LEAD is a dynamic two-year living and learning program designed to help students hone leadership skills and gain the real world leadership experience needed to be successful when transitioning forward from VCU. LEADers have access to inspirational speakers, hands-on leadership experiences and engaging leadership courses that build students as leaders within the university and the community. Applications are due by Friday, Feb. 3. For more information, contact Jimmie Gahagan at email@example.com or (804) 827-5323 or visit http://www.students.vcu.edu/vculead.
January 30, 4:00-5:30pm
Location: GLOBE Building, 1030J
Want to gain hands-on experience in research, but are not entirely sure on how to go about getting involved in research? Come hear Herb Hill, Director of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) and Dr. Sarah Golding, Director of Undergraduate Research for Biology on best practices on gaining research experience her at VCU and beyond. All majors and all students are welcomed!
For more information, contact VCU Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 22nd, 2017 | 3:00 pm-4:00 pm | Virginia Room A, University Student Commons
Learn about how to write an effective and epic personal statement for healthcare graduate programs that will wow an admissions committee.
2016 Program dates: Jun 5-16, 2017
Application available: Oct 15-Apr 3, 2017
Health Professions Career Exploration is a program designed to expose college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to the diverse professional programs available at the VCU School of Allied Health Professions.
In this two-week, nonresidential summer program, students will:
- Explore each department/degree program in the VCU School of Allied Health Professions: patient counseling, clinical laboratory sciences, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nurse anesthesia, rehabilitation counseling, radiation sciences, health administration and gerontology
- Experience hands-on and interactive activities within each discipline
- Attend workshops on current health care topics
- Gain knowledge of professional and clinical ethics
- Participate in workshops to strengthen skills in interviewing, resume development and personal statement writing
- Receive the information necessary to navigate the application process for a program in the School of Allied Health Professions
- Gain confidence about pursuing a health professions program
Volunteers Around the World (VAW) is an organization devoted to improving the standard of living for those that live in some of the most poverty stricken communities around the world. There will be 2-week trip to a different country which gives students the opportunity to take vitals and practice triage, do intake and practice language skills, shadow local doctors, and learn basic pharmacology. They are in the process of planning our trip for Summer 2017 and looking into going to Vietnam. This organization is open to everyone regardless of major or tracks. Please contact Ngoc (Crystal) Duong at email@example.com for more information. Interest meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd from 6-8pm in Cabell library Room 240e.
Take a look at this flyer for our upcoming Pre-Health Events, including VCU Application Workshops and Lunch & Learn Workshops.
Get Involved! Continue reading to see more events.
Here are the dates for open houses for Clinical Lab Sciences
-Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:00 pm
-Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:00 pm
-Thursday, February 7, 2017 4:00 pm
-Tuesday, March 16, 2017 4:00 pm
VCU Community Health Education Center
1200 E Marshall Street