Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The VCU Health Science Pipeline holds the “Discover Health Care Fair” in the Larrick Student Center for attendees to explore the numerous health professions offered at VCU. For more information, contact Taryn Hayes at Hayesta5@vcu.edu or visit https://dhsd.vcu.edu.
The VCU Majors Fair is this Wednesday, 9/13 from 11am-3pm in the Commonwealth Ballroom. Explore majors at VCU and make sure yours is the best fit!
Friday, Sep. 8, 2017 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
United2Heal holds its first “super warehouse” event. Rides will be provided to the warehouse. Participants should meet in front of the University Student Commons Loop at 2:45 p.m. All volunteers are welcome to help sort medical supplies to ship off to communities in need. Refreshers will be provided. For more information, contact Elhaam Jawadi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Division of Strategic Enrollment Management presents “First-Gen Fridays” in Cabell Library, Room 303, for students, faculty and staff who will be or were the first in their family to graduate from college. “First-Gen Fridays” is an opportunity for first-generation college students, faculty and staff from around the university to connect. Those interested can join throughout the semester to network and to learn about relevant opportunities and resources designed to enhance student success. For more information, contact Elizabeth Bambacus at email@example.com or (804) 827-3927 or visit http://www.nsfp.vcu.edu/studentevents/first-gen-fridays/.
The first event is this Friday, August 25th, from 3-4 p.m. in the Cabell Library, Room 303.
All meetings will take place from Noon-1 p.m.
- August 25, 2017: Welcome to VCU! Let’s get acquainted! Cabell Library, Room 303.
- September 29, 2017: Learning Support Resources at VCU.
- October 13, 2017: Academic Advising: Where are You Now? Where Are You Headed?
- November 10, 2017: National Scholarships/Community Engagement: Making the Most out of Your Urban College Experience.
- February 9, 2018: Summer Studies: Some Things Are Just Better in the Summer.
- March 16, 2018: Do the Math and Education Abroad.
- April 13, 2018: First-Gen Stories.
ANTH 491 – Anthropological Anatomy is a new course offering open to all students that will provide the following outcomes:
- Ability to recognize and name anatomical structures in the human body
- Provide fluency with anatomical terms of reference (applicable to healthcare applications)
- Understanding of 3D relationships of structures in anatomy
- Awareness of the relationship between form and function in species adaptations
- Understanding of the functional anatomy of locomotion, manual dexterity, the nervous system, reproduction and language in human evolution
Prerequisites: ANTH 210 OR BIOL/BIOZ 101 OR 151 OR 152 AND UNIV 200
Instructor: Noel T. Boaz, Ph.D., M.D.
Course Time/Location: T 4-6:40 pm / Monroe Park Campus
***THIS COURSE DOES NOT SATISFY THE PRE-HEALTH PROGRAMS’ REQUIREMENT FOR ANATOMY! BIOL 205 is required.
2017-2018 Graduate School Mentorship Program (GSMP) Call for Applications
The GSMP matches undergraduate and graduate students in mentoring relationships in order to expose undergraduate students to the graduate experience as they consider further study and to provide graduate students with the opportunity to develop mentoring skills as they share their own personal experiences with the undergraduate students in the program. Students are matched based on areas of academic discipline and/or interest. Students interested in being matched with a specific student must both indicate this preference on their applications.
Undergraduate Student Mentee Applicants: Preference is given to applicants going into their sophomore, junior or senior years. Undergraduates are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout the duration of the program. Interested undergraduate students should access the application via the GSMP website: http://www.graduate.vcu.edu/development/mentorship.html For more information, contact Amy Sarcinella at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 827-4544.