VCU OFFICE OF PRE-PROFESSIONAL HEALTH ADVISING
The Office of Pre-Professional Health Advising aims to produce highly qualified, confident and knowledgeable pre-professional health students for admission to graduate professional health programs. Our office seeks to do this through guidance with pre-professional health curriculum, co-curricular activity involvement, admissions test preparation and application competitiveness.
PRE-PROFESSIONAL HEALTH ADVISING TRACKS
VCU’s pre-professional health program is not an academic major or minor, but rather it is a combination of career development advising coupled with a set of established courses that are widely accepted across the nation for admission requirements. Students interested in being a “pre-professional health” student must declare an advising track.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Declaring an advising track gives you access to:
- Highly trained pre-professional health advisors
- Restricted prerequisite and health specific courses
- Application preparation services
- Specialized scholarships
- And so much more!
If you are interested in declaring a pre-professional health advising track, you will need to do the following:
- Explore the Health Professions: Begin researching each of the eight health professions, relevant coursework, admission criteria, and application information
- Attend a Declaration Workshop: This will be your opportunity to learn about the health professions in greater detail and have your questions answered by an Advisor.
- Declare a Pre-Professional Health Track: To declare a track there are certain curricular as well as professional development requirements that you must meet. Be sure to review these before submitting your application.
- Remove a Pre-Professional Health Track: If you are no longer interested in pursuing a career in any of the eight pre-professional health advising tracks at VCU, please remove yourself from our database.
- Review our resources: If you have questions, please see our FAQ page, we also have a list of all pre-professional health related student organizations, and information on ways to find some healthcare related volunteer opportunities.
If you are already declared on a pre-professional health advising track, please be sure to review the requirements to maintain a track.
If you are wanting to check that you are on a pre-professional health track, switch tracks, or be removed from a track, please check your status.