This blog houses all information about how to declare and maintain your pre-professional health advising track. By declaring your pre-professional health advising track, you will have access to one-on-one appointments as well as group advising with pre-professional health advisors.
If you are interested in declaring a pre-professional health advising track, you will need to do the following:
- Subscribe to our Newsletter: This is our way of communicating important information, relevant events, and various volunteer and work related opportunities.
- Explore the Health Professions: Begin researching each of the eight health professions, relevant coursework, admission criteria, and application information
- Attend an Interest Workshop: This will be your opportunity to learn about the health professions in greater detail and have your questions answered by an Advisor.
- Declare a Pre-Professional Health Track: To declare a track there are certain curricular as well as professional development requirements that you must meet. Be sure to review these before submitting your application.
- Remove a Pre-Professional Health Track: If you are no longer interested in pursuing a career in any of the eight pre-professional health advising tracks at VCU, please remove yourself from our database.
- Review our resources: If you have questions, please see our FAQ page, we also have a list of all pre-professional health related student organizations, and information on ways to find some healthcare related volunteer opportunities.
If you are already declared on a pre-professional health advising track, please be sure to review the requirements to maintain a track.
Meeting with a Pre-Professional Health Advisor
Students who are on a pre-professional health advising track are eligible to meet with one of the pre-professional health advisors
- To view your assigned advisor log into myVCU > Advising Appointments. Please select “Pre-Prof. Health Advising” as the reason to see a pre-professional health advisor.
- Students on a track are assigned to a pre-professional health advisor based on last name.
Group Advising sessions WILL also fulfill the advisor meeting requirement for maintaining a pre-professional health track.