To check and see that you have met the necessary requirements to declare and/or maintain a Pre-Professional Health Track, click the icon below.
Link is LIVE
Click here to check status
Checking your status:
- After clicking on the icon that says “Check Status”, simply log in as you normally do for any VCU site such as blackboard or email.
- You will then see a screen that indicates the track you are pursuing, a list of requirements and workshops attended. If you see all green checks, then you are on the track and will soon be assigned to a Pre-Professional Health Advisor.
- If you see a screen that lists the requirements but see some orange exclamation symbols, then you are missing a requirement and until those requirements are fulfilled you will not be on the track yet, and therefore have limited access to Pre-Professional Health Advising.
Requirements to declare and/or maintain a Pre-Professional Health Track:
- Attend an Interest in “Healthcare Profession” workshop.
- Earn a cumulative VCU GPA of at least a 2.7
- Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-PA, Pre-Vet Med: You must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- BIOL 151 and BIOZ 151
- BIOL 152 and BIOZ 152
- CHEM 101 and CHEZ 101
- CHEM 102 and CHEZ 102
- MATH 151 (or MATH 200)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy: You must complete BIOL 101 and BIOZ 101 and PSYC 101 with a grade of C or better. or
- Pre-Physical Therapy: You must complete BIOL 151 and BIOZ 151; CHEM 101 and CHEZ 101; MATH 151 with a C or better.
- Sign up for the weekly newsletter.