As a student interested in a pre-professional health program, you are required to successfully complete the following requirements prior to declaring your track and being assigned to a pre-professional health advisor:
- Curricular Requirements:
- Earn a cumulative VCU GPA of at least a 2.7 (Transfer students applying during their first semester at VCU may use their cumulative GPA from previous institutions).
- Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-PA, Pre-Vet Med: You must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- BIOL 151 and BIOZ 151
- BIOL 152 and BIOZ 152
- CHEM 101 and CHEZ 101
- CHEM 102 and CHEZ 102
- MATH 151 (or MATH 200)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy: You must complete BIOL 101 and BIOZ 101 and PSYC 101 with a grade of C or better.
- Pre-Physical Therapy: You must complete BIOL 151 and BIOZ 151; CHEM 101 and CHEZ 101; MATH 151 with a C or better.
2. Professional Development Requirements:
- Attend an “Interest in [health profession]” workshop for the pre-professional health advising track you wish to declare. Visit go.vcu.edu/healthprofworkshops for workshop times.
- Sign up for the weekly newsletter.
3. Once the curricular and professional development requirements listed above are successfully completed, submit your application to declare your track. Online application is at the bottom of this page.
Fulfilling the curricular and professional development requirements to declare and maintain your pre-professional health track does not guarantee admission to your desired professional health program. These requirements are the minimum acceptable standards to apply to a professional health program. It is imperative that you meet with your pre-professional health advisor to develop your plan to become a competent and competitive candidate.
Click icon for Application