Letter of Good Standing Process for Shadowing at VCU Health Systems
The VCU Office of Pre-Professional Health Advising will provide letters of good standing for currently enrolled, degree seeking students who have applied to participate in the VCU Medical Center Clinical Observer Program and/or any structured program if they have fulfilled the following requirements.
Students with 0-24 hours must meet the following requirements:
- Have a VCU grade point average of 2.7 or higher (Transfer students applying during their first semester at VCU may use their cumulative grade point average from previous institutions. First year students who have not earned a VCU grade point average may use their high school grade point average. )
- Attended an Pre-Health Interest workshop for their intended health care profession
- Sign a VCU Office of Pre-Professional Health Advising Professional Standards agreement
Students with 24 or more credits must meet the following requirements:
- Have officially declared or is maintaining a Pre-Professional Health track
- Sign the VCU Office of Pre-Professional Health Advising Professional Standards agreement (NOTE: students receive these Standards after they have been approved for a Letter of Good Standing)
If a student does not meet the above listed requirements and has an extenuating circumstance, the student should submit an email via email@example.com to appeal the requirements.
- Students must complete the Letter of Good Standing Request Form.
- Requests will be processed within 3 business days.
- Students will be notified via email when their letter has been sent to the VCU Clinical Observer Program and/or their designated program.