To access most resources on this page, you will need to log-in using your @vcu.edu email (NOT @mymail.vcu.edu)
- Pre-Professional Health Major Maps: search for your pre-professional health track
- Pre-Professional Health Self-Assessment Guide(PDF): This guide will help you track how competitive you are for admission your desired health profession.
- Academic Requirements for Pre-Professional Health Advising Tracks: Learn more about the required and recommended courses for all eight advising tracks
- Calculating your science GPA (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math or BCPM): For pre-medical students. For other professions, do not calculate math or statistics into your science GPA.
- Desired GPA Calculator: Use this calculator to determine what GPA you need each semester to obtain your desired GPA based on your current GPA.
- Khan Academy MCAT Test Prep: One of the best FREE resources for studying for the MCAT.
- Creating an MCAT Study Plan – AAMC (PDF): Generally, student’s study for an average of 6 months for the MCAT. Do you have a study plan?
Get Experience Resources:
- What to do in your first year as a VCU pre-professional health student (PDF): Stay on track your first year at VCU as a pre-professional health student with this guide.
- Health Related Student Organizations: There are many student organizations for students interested in health related issues and activities. Find your ideal fit here.
- Division for Health Sciences Diversity: Learn more about the pipeline programs offered by the Division of Health Sciences Diversity
- VCU College of Health Professions: More than 60 percent of healthcare professionals work in fields requiring specialized knowledge at the undergraduate, master’s or doctoral level. Their jobs are some of the most in-demand in health care. The VCU College of Health Professions is one of the very best at equipping future health care leaders with the skills they need to build stronger, healthier communities.
- List of VCU Graduate Programs and Certificates(PDF): This is a list of all graduate and certificate programs offered by VCU School of Medicine. These are great opportunities for students to consider who may want to further their education or to work on during a “glide year” prior to applying to a professional health program such as (Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, etc.)
- Professional Health Programs in Virginia, Maryland, DC, and North Carolina: This excel file lists all schools in Virginia that have Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, OT, PT, Vet Med, PA along with their websites, gpa requirements and prerequisites.
Screenshot to demo: To view prerequisites simply click in one of the cells under the Prerequisite column as shown in the picture
- MD/PhD Programs nationwide: Interested in MD/PhD? Research your options here.
- Post Bacc Medical Programs with Guaranteed Admissions: Some post bacc programs have special agreements with their associated medical or dental school for benefits of admissions. Review your options here.
- Scholarship Opportunities for Undergrads on a Pre-Professional Health Track: Learn more about the scholarships you might be eligible for here.
- Gap Year Opportunities & Resources: Review a sample of educational, service or research opportunities that you could participate in during your gap year.
- Newsletter Archives: Review all of the great opportunities and resources we’ve posted in our newsletters.