I would describe Qasarah’s leadership of the Micah Association in three words – tenacious, creative, and dedicated. She kept the Micah Board members informed noting the status of positive and negative situations that would and did effect Micah. She paid attention to details and was creative in suggesting solutions to remedy a problem or concern; listened to all opinions and statements made by board members; and synthesized information to reach a working solution.

Qasarah has a quiet demeanor, but is detailed oriented and has the ability to access a situation thoroughly. Her strong faith, past experiences and overall knowledge about a situation gives her the strength to handle most problems that occur.  She has a wonderful smile and genuinely loves from the heart.  I enjoyed working with her as the Program Director of Micah.

– Shirley Diggs, former Micah Board chair and volunteer, Good Shepherd Baptist Church/Chimborazo Elementary School partnership

As program director for the Micah Association, I cultivated collaborations between faith-community volunteers and Richmond Public Schools. I created the Year End Snapshot, outcome evaluation measure for reporting to Richmond Public Schools and the Micah Board.(Click the image above to view)

I created the Micah Volunteer Handbook as a guide for new and long-time volunteers. (Click the image above to view)

I launched a program evaluation as a graduate student intern serving at United Methodist Urban Ministries. The evaluation resulted in recommendations for improvement of the Communities of community development training model used by the organization. Dave Cooper, former executive director, wrote a recommendation based on my performance.

DCooper reference

Letter of Reference from Dave Cooper, former Executive Director of United Methodist Urban Ministries (Click the image above to view)