I served as a trained facilitator in the first cohort for, Unpacking the 2010 Census, a public education process designed to teach citizens about the facts of poverty in metropolitan Richmond and to mobilize community support for action.

I led curriculum development and pedagogy with the founding faculty of the Koinonia School of Race & Justice at Richmond Hill. I later served as founding dean of the School for two years as we worked to equip participants to address issues of racism and injustice individually, inter-relationally and within society.

Flyer and Application

Informational flyer and application for inaugural Koinonia School of Race & Justice class

Fleming and Hoagland_ Called to be reconcilers – Richmond Times-Dispatch_ Guest-columnists

I created a University Fellows program as a faculty/staff member of Seven Hills School for Boys (Richmond, VA). The University Fellows program was designed to expose aspiring college majors in education and social work with an alternative learning model – learning through relationship as envisioned by Dr. David Dorsey.

Seven Hills University Fellows Description

I received training in servant leadership through the Grace E. Harris Leadership Institute’s Minority Political Leadership Institute.