Listening Journal Week 5 Transmit Your Listening

Listening to the same song at a different speed or in a different key completely changes how I feel when I listen to it. It is often hard to tell that it is even the same song. Usually, I find it a lot easier to tell if it is the same song when only the speed is manipulated. It is a lot harder to tell when it is played in a different key even at the same speed because I hear completely different sounds. The only time I find it extremely difficult to figure out if it’s the same song is if it is extremely time-stretched. I don’t think I would even be able to guess my favorite song if it was stretched out that much. I actually enjoyed the stretched out version though. It was very relaxing, and I feel like it would help me focus if I were studying or working on something. All of the sounds seemed to kind of mix together since the change in sounds was so gradual.

For my version of Mozart’s String Quartet in C major, K. 465 “dissonance”: I. Allegro, I altered every aspect of it that I could. I used flutes, French and English horns, and the harp, as well as changed the speed and key.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31ygtcsjnygLWVTT3VSTmZ5TnM/view

2 thoughts on “Listening Journal Week 5 Transmit Your Listening”