Univ 112

My blogs and other Univ things

Global warming

Looking back on the week that just passed we saw a huge change in the weather, it was 60 degrees and it even almost made it to 80 degrees. For those four days, I noticed the huge amount of people who were outside, there were people all over the park on blankets, students skateboarding, and some were playing sports outside. This was a nice sight to see but in the back of my mind all I could think about is “ It’s February, it’s still winter!” Just two-three weeks ago we were hearing about how cold Chicago was getting, their rivers were frozen and many homeless people were dying. In just two weeks the weather changed from the negatives with winds to a nice spring day. This is something we are starting to normalize, the change in the weather, many of us just say “oh global warming!” and carry on with our day. Or some people don’t believe that the Earth is going through climate change. This is a very serious problem. I won’t go over and over the basics that everyone knows about climate change, if you need more information please research and see what is actually happening in the world. The climate changing has made our president speak in a tweet, “In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!” This tweet by Donald Trump was sent on January 28th, this was sent while Chicago and many other states were going through the terribly cold weather. People died, lives were taken, and people were in danger. This is what our present tweets during the time where thousands need help. There must be something done to save this planet we live on and not continue to destroy it. We as the population can only do so much but it is the President and the office officials that can make the huge change to save the Earth. Currently, there has been more of a setback, there are about 9 million acres of protected habitat that is now proposed to cut and will now be used to expand oil and drilling. Our President also has walked away from the Paris climate agreement which also brought the world together through wanting to make a difference but yet this will not happen anymore. This is just of few things that the new administration has done that will contribute to climate change.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/10/politics/climate-change-trump-report-epa-cop24/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2017/01/23/nine-things-you-can-do-about-climate-change/#6900061680c7

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-difference-between-global-warming-and-climate-change

Next Post

Previous Post

1. steppecj February 11, 2019

I enjoyed this blog because it is something that does need to be talked about. Last week was a very weird week for weather one day it was hot and the next it felt like the North Pole. But why is the climate changing thats one thing that should be taken about. I think one reason why the climate is changing at this rate is for the simple fact we don’t take care of our planet. All of the waste we dump, the gases we put into the airs and the chemicals we put into our rivers, stems has to stop. I also like how you talked about President Donald Trump. All he does is tweet when there is something wrong in the world. He has yet to do anything about this situation and he thinks it’s a joke. But people to need to come together and fix this issue before it gets our of control. But good blog I really enjoyed reading over this topic.

2. harnageag February 11, 2019

I strongly believe that global warming is an issue that we need to pay more attention to and find a solution to. I also think that we need to find a solution to fixing and protecting our oceans as they are the main source of our life and water supply on earth. I am currently doing a project on the pollution in the waters and the harm it is causing our sea life and environment together. There needs to be some changes in our world from all countries and continents to help prevent this heartbreaking issue. I really enjoyed reading this because we are on the same page with this problem.