Univ 112

My blogs and other Univ things

Procrastinating leads me to stress! shocker!

For the past semester, I have dealt with stress by making sure whatever I am stressed about is done. Most of my stress comes from assignments given to me. When I get the most stressed it is because I procrastinate on homework. It doesn’t get to the point where it is the day before an exam and I am cramming for it, I don’t let myself get to that point where I have so much built up. I do procrastinate over the weekend and especially because this semester I don’t have classes on Fridays. Not having classes on weekends has caused me to procrastinate more and ignore most of my homework. I enjoy the relaxation from not having class but it does not make me get prepared for the day earlier than noon. Compared to last semester I feel like my classes are a lot easier but the amount of work given to me is more.

I am still in the process of combating these problems of procrastination but it has gotten better. I have tried to book appointments earlier within a day to get out of bed. I usually get out of bed at 10 am before my 11 am class and every day it is like this. My first class always is at 11 am and I don’t have more than two classes a day. It’s a weird feeling to have so much free time so I do other things that last semester I didn’t have the chance to. I try to watch new movies or shows and catch up on some youtube videos in my subscription box. This can keep me busy for hours which I hate and love, I love just staying in bed and being alone.

To fight this procrastination I try to force myself out of bed earlier and I try to keep myself in the library when all I want to do is a nap. Since I work on campus I schedule some shifts in the morning or mid-afternoon to keep myself away from sleeping-in.

Currently, I am stressed about the Univ paper we’re writing plus the new five-minute speech that was just given to us. To combat this stress is making sure all my homework is done before purely focusing on UNIV. I am almost done with all my assignments from other classes, this puts me at ease and makes getting harder assignments done faster. With the semester coming to a close it has been harder to find the motivation to finish assignments. What are some tips you can give me to not procrastinate?

Next Post

Previous Post

1. johnsonmn24 April 16, 2019

Hi! I completely understand where you are coming from. It can kind of get difficult continuing to stay motivated at the end of the semester and when it is crunch time. However, some tips in order to not procrastinate that I use is I use a planner to map out my day and write what I have to accomplish in the morning of each day. If I happen to finish early I will just complete a task today that was schedule for tomorrow in order to give me extra time for tomorrow. I delete social media off my phone if I feel like it is becoming to big of a distraction for me and I also put my phone on do not disturb

2. coillotma April 17, 2019

Last semester, I was really on top of my game. I never procrastinated at all and I went to the library Monday-Thursday. I of course procrastinate on the weekends as well, but I make sure to get my stuff done before. What really helped me not procrastinate was writing down an every day list of things to do. I would go through each of my classes and list the things that are due within the next few weeks. I would then just do some work from each class every day and eventually finish my assignments sooner rather than later. Another thing that helped me was going to the library in between my classes. I have a two hour gap everyday, so I just go to the library instead of going to my room and be tempted to sleep. Also, sleep is the key! If you don’t sleep enough then you will not have the energy to do any assignments. I have sadly been procrastinating really bad with this Ethical argument essay because it is so complex and I just want summer to be here! We can do it though! Only two more weeks! Best of luck.

3. jonesca25 April 18, 2019

I definitely relate to your post. I tend to procrastinate towards the end of the week because I feel like my brain literally needs a break. Also this UNIV paper and presentation is stressing me out because I feel like I would have enough time to do well on them if I didn’t have other assignments, but sadly I have many other projects and homework assignments to do. For me, I think of school like work. I focus during the day and push through my work during sort of a 9 to 5 time frame so that I can have the afternoon to relax. I also try to do all my work for the week before the weekend so I can at least have one of the days off to do what I want to do.

4. lukhardme April 18, 2019

This is literally me, for some reason I just can’t stay ahead of my assignments no matter how hard I try. I am the queen of procrastination and it really makes me stressed. Because I never do any of my big assignments on time, I am always tired from having to stay up and it spirals out of control. This causes me to really not take care of myself the way I need to because I am just tired and not ready to learn and work everyday. So I think next semester I’m going to try and get ahead on work so I don’t feel so overwhelmed

5. efeirtag April 19, 2019

I totally understand that procrastination is a hard thing to over come and it is something you have to do yourself. You can surround yourself by people who motivate you to do your work and accomplish what you need to but at the end of the day it is all up to you. This semester has been packed full of work for myself and it made me over come a lot of procrastination that I have done in the past, but in the end it feels less overwhelming to fight that procrastination.