Week Seven

Now’s the time for the final push. You have about ten days left to finish your inquiry projects. It’s time to make sure you have a good, workable focus, and that your writing is proceeding well. Here’s a checklist to keep yourself on track.

For any day without a specific assignment due, you should continue to work on your Inquiry Project. You should also blog regularly–short posts are fine–to update the Thought Vectors community about your progress. Tweets are an especially good way to engage our open participants, as well as students who are not in your section.

July 21
I’ve created a list of essential elements for your Inquiry Project here: http://rampages.us/revolution/inquiry-project-essentials/. Read these over carefully and let me know right away if you have any questions. You should have done this by 11:59 EDT on 21 July.

July 22
By 11:59 EDT, you should post a one-paragraph summary of your inquiry project’s focus to your blog site, along with a list of the sources you think you’ll be using. Please tag this summary with the word “focus” (without the quotation marks).

July 24
By 11:59 EDT, you should email me a draft of your written component. The more complete your draft is, the more useful my feedback will be to you. I’ll send my feedback to you in the order in which I receive your drafts.

Some other reminders:

I encourage you to consult with our course librarian to be sure you’ve got substantive sources and at least three scholarly articles.

I also encourage you to visit the Writing Center (physically or virtually) to be sure your written component is proceeding well. Don’t wait until the last minute to do this. You won’t have time to use the tutors’ advice.

As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me. We can also set up a Google Hangout or a Skype session if you’d like.