Pokémon Direct!

On Wednesday, at an early 9am, Nintendo had their well anticipated Pokémon direct. For those who don’t know what a “direct” is, it’s a short presentation that is broadcasted live to the public. During these presentations, the company is able to announce new games that they’re working on, or release more information on anticipated games. Wednesday also happened to be the anniversary of the first Pokémon game, that was released in 1996 in japan. So, for Pokémon fans all across the globe, this was a very important and eventful day.

When Niantic announced the direct earlier in the week, twitter started to blow up with fans wondering what the company would announce. Many people wanted a remake of the Sinnoh Pokémon, also known as Gen 4, while many others wanted the release of the new region and generation, Gen 8. The direct was only going to be 7 minutes long, but had every Pokémon fan excited for what could possibly be announced. I personally was really hoping for Gen 8 to be released.

Luckily, I had an early class that day so I was able to watch the direct live, and I definitely wasn’t let down. My hopes came true, and they finally announced the new generation of Pokémon, from the Galar region! So far they’ve only announced the three starters, and the map of the region, but so far I really like it. As for the new starters, theres the usual 3 basic types, water, fire, and grass. Sobble is the water-type lizard Pokémon, it’s extremely shy and hides in the water to avoid contact. Scorbunny is the white and orange fire-type bunny, as like most bunnies, it’s extremely fast and has great acrobatic skills. Last but not least, there’s Grookey, the green grass-type monkey Pokémon it doesn’t have any super special features about it, but it’s extremely cute. My personal favorite is Sobble, since I usually stick to the water-type starters, and I can definitely relate to it on many levels with how anxious it is, plus it’s cute and small so what’s not to love.

Pokémon Sword and Shield will be available late this year, most likely in November, and will be available for the nintendo switch.

2 comments for “Pokémon Direct!

1. March 1, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Oh cool! I haven’t seen the direct yet, but now since I read this, I am so excited for the next Pokemon game! I am guessing that this game will be for the Nintendo Switch since I was told that new Pokemon release games will be for the Switch, and not for the 3DS anymore, that upsets me. Like what you said, I also enjoy water type Pokemon because they are so cute, and I also relate to them. Will this new game still continue with the gym badges, or do something different like they did in Pokemon Sun and Moon? But other than that, I am so excited! Also, since it is a new generation, what is the new game called? What two new legendary Pokemon will be there? Now I need to watch the direct.

2. March 3, 2019 at 2:44 am

If I am one hundred percent honest, I haven’t played a Pokémon game in nearly five years however I have nothing but great memories from grabbing my DS and playing in the car. I am excited to see what they do with it considering that it will be on the Switch and not the DS. I hope that they make it look a lot more realistic. I am also so excited to see all the new Pokémon that they are going to make for this game. I still remember many of the Pokémon from Diamond and Pearl as they such memorable Pokémon. I could still recite off by heart all 6 of my Pokémon that I had without me through the entire game. I am excited to see where they take this new one!