Road Trips

With spring break, comes travel for most of us. I know for me, I typically enjoy traveling, especially long car trips. I don’t usually ride in planes when I travel since I typically only travel down south and not far enough to fly to. The last time I actually flew on a plane was spring break of 2016, so quite a while ago.

Ever since my dad bought a house in myrtle beach, i’ve gone down there quite a lot. But, the drive there is pretty long, about 7-8 hours depending on traffic. When I was younger the long car trips were a lot easier, since I could just sleep most of the time, but now it’s a lot harder for me to sleep in cars, so i’ve had to find different ways to pass the time.

I don’t know about you, but I tend to get bored pretty easily, so an 8 hour drive is really hard for me. Luckily, having siblings makes it a bit easier. When i’m traveling with my siblings, we always try to make a game out of everything, or we find a game we can all play on our phones and see who can get the furthest, I usually always lose since i’m quite horrible at games.

But, for this spring break, it was just me going to myrtle with my dad and step mom, so the ride felt like forever. I tried taking a nap, but for some reason I just couldn’t get to sleep, even though I was extremely tired. So, I resorted to reading and listening to music. I try to pack at least three books, since i’m a fast reader so I can usually get through a book and a half on one car ride down. I finished the first Harry Potter book, and was able to get through half of Karen McManus’ One of Us is Lying, and I can definitely say that One of Us is Lying is probably one of the most interesting books i’ve read in a long time.

I’m always looking for new things to pass the time during road trips, so what are some things you like to do on long car rides or plane rides?