Concerts!

Like a lot of people, the thought of being able to see one of my favorite artists in person and experiencing their music performed live is so fascinating to me. I’m a huge music lover, and have a wide love of different artists and genres, but one of my favorite genres is alternative, focusing more on alternative rock and pop. I get really excited when one of my favorite artists releases a new album, because that often means they might go on tour and might stop somewhere close to where I live. I actually didn’t experience my first concert until I was sixteen, and I went to go see Five Seconds of Summer for my birthday, and it was one of the most fun things i’ve done. After going to that concert, I was hooked. I don’t usually enjoy places like concert arenas since there’s so many people and it’s constantly loud, but I surprisingly find a sort of comfort while at concerts.

The week leading up to a concert is both stressful and exciting. I know for me, the days before a concert are filled with excitement, especially if the concert is at the end of a week, it gives me something to look forward to after a stressful week of classes or work. After the concert is probably my favorite time, because for a couple days after you’re riding off a sort of high. It’s sad that it’s over, but the adrenalin can stay active for days after.

This week is one of those weeks for me. On Thursday I get to see one of my all time favorite artists, Hozier, in concert, and on Saturday I get to see Mumford and Sons, a group i’ve been listening to since I was little. This week is definitely one of my more stress filled weeks, but knowing i’m seeing two artists I love, it’s really helping me push through, and it also forces me to get my work done a head of time, which is always a good thing. I’ve gone to 5 concerts so far in my life, and i still remember all of them like they were yesterday. Music is definitely a healer for me, so being able to experience it live is definitely worth the price of the tickets, which I definitely recommend getting the cheapest tickets, even if it’s in the nose bleeds, because the experience is beyond worth it.

But, overall I just really enjoy concerts and I highly recommend going to at least one if you haven’t yet.

3 comments for “Concerts!

1. March 13, 2019 at 8:53 pm

I agree that the week leading up to a concert can be stressful and exciting, it is because you have all these emotions about seeing a particular artist. I know personally that when I know I am going to a concert I need to get all my work done ahead of time. With that being said a concert can almost be an incentive for you to work hard. Also, when you have something to look forward to after a long week of work it can be a stress relief. But on the flip side some individuals get so excited for a concert that they do not do there work. It just depends on the person who is attending the concert.

2. March 15, 2019 at 2:05 pm

I agree with you a lot, because I love concerts sooooo much. One of the main reasons I love summer so much is because that’s when most concerts are. I am especially excited for this summer because my parents live up north about 10 minutes from Jiffy Lube Live. Every summer my sister and I have gone to maybe one or two concerts there and it is super fun because we usually take my dad’s truck and tailgate with some friends. However, this summer we saved up our money and bought the country megatickets, which means we have admission to every country concert this year. Most people aren’t into country music but I have always listened to it since I was a kid and the concerts are so much fun.

3. March 15, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Concerts are one of my favorite places for me as well. I feel so safe being at one because it gives me so much happiness and a sense of community. I love the fact that hundreds or thousands of people show up to one place just because they all like this one common thing. The week I have a concert it’s all I can think about too. I start planning my outfit weeks in advance. I’ve been to many concerts in my life and I’ll probably never stop going. It’s great to see someone else share those same feelings too, and I hope you had a good time at those shows!