Toy Story 4

After a long nine years, Toy Story 4 is finally on its way!

If you are unfamiliar with the Toy Story franchise, it’s an animated movie series created by Pixar, who also animated movies like UP, Monsters University, Cars, and Nemo. They’re apart of the Walt Disney Company, so the Pixar art design is very distinctive and colorful. A lot of their movies follow a story line based around a journey of a group of friends, like in cars and up, or a coming of age, like Brave and Inside Out. They also create short film’s like Piper, Geri’s Game, and the recent academy award winning short film Bao. The basic story line of the Toy Story series is its a world where toys are living things but pretend to be lifeless when humans are present. Theres a group of toys owned by a boy named Andy, and when it’s Andy’s birthday, his toys, including Bo Peep, Mr. Potato Head, Rex the dinosaur, Hamm, and Slinky Dog, fear they will be replaced by new toys that Andy might receive for his birthday. Woody, the toys’ leader and Andy’s favorite toy, sends out a group of green army men to spy on the party to report if the toys will be replaced or not. The toys are relieved when the party ends with none of them being replaced, but then Andy receives a surprise gift, a Buzz Lightyear action figure, and the story follows the adventures the group of toys will go on, from falling out of cars, being tossed in the trash and having to save themselves, and the struggles of arrival of new toys.

Since the third movie came out in 2010, many people started to wonder when the fourth one would come out. Years passed and there was still no word on when, or even if, we would be getting a fourth movie. But to our surprise, in 2018, disney and pixar announced the fourth movie, reveling the first posters for the movie. It’s also said that Toy Story 4 will be the last movie in the series, some people even theorizing that some of the toys will actually, well in simple terms, die. But, I highly doubt this will happen. No one knew the plot of the movie until Today actually.

Since the first announcement of the movie last year, the first official trailer for the movie actually came out earlier today. In the trailer we see the toys enjoying their life with their new owner, a little girl named bonnie. But, during snack time, Bonnie uses a spork and makes a new toy named Forky, who believes that he is just a piece of trash and shouldn’t be used as a toy so he tries to run away by jumping out the window of the RV bonnie and her family were traveling in, which caused woody to jump out after him. The story will most likely follow the adventure of Woody and Forky as they find their way back to bonnie and the rest of the toys, while also reminiscing on their lives as toys and find the true meaning of being a children’s toy.

The movie is set to come out June 21st of this year and as a Disney and Pixar lover, I am beyond excited to go see it.

Are you guys planning on seeing it? if so, how do you feel about the new trailer?

4 comments for “Toy Story 4

1. March 19, 2019 at 10:53 pm

I remember I used to not like Toy Story movies and I have no clue why, I just couldn’t really get with it. But ever since I got older and they came out with these new ones I can’t help but watch it. SO, with that being said I will most definitely be going to see this new one that is coming out. Especially since I thought they were over for good now. This year seems like the year of revamped throwback movies and I’m loving it. I remember when I first watched Toy Story I felt the need to always check on my toys to see if they had moved lol. Based off the trailer I can tell we are in for a world of fun and emotions. I am going to be that 19 year old person that is in the theater with all the little kids and their parents.

2. March 20, 2019 at 4:43 pm

I am planning on seeing this movie! I love Disney Pixar movies and I’ve been waiting for this movie ever since I heard they were in the process of making it. I saw the trailer yesterday and it seems like it’s going to be really good. Some people don’t like the fact that they are continuing it without Andy and say that Toy Story 3 had a good ending and that it should’ve been left at that. As a person that doesn’t like change, I understand but I don’t agree because I still feel that it will great and I will definitely be in the theaters on June 21st!

3. March 22, 2019 at 12:15 am

Toy story was one of my favorite movies growing up. There is no other movie like it and its the best movie for a kid. Watching toys coming to life was the coolest thing to see when you were 10. I am really excited to see the fourth movie even though I am a little bit old for it. I believe that it will bring back great memories. I am also interested to see Forky in the movie. I always wondered where they would go next with the story, and I believe that this is a great idea. I really liked the new trailer and I cannot wait to see the movie.

4. March 22, 2019 at 4:22 pm

I really love the Toy story franchise movies, I remember them as a kid. I haven’t seen the new trailer about Forky, but I saw the one where Bo-peep was with Woody, that surprised me a lot since she was gotten rid of in the Toy Story 3 movie. I want to see this movie to see how Woody reconnected with Bo-peep, and I saw that Buzz was trapped as a Carnival fair prize. I just can’t believe that this could probably be the last movie of the Franchise. I just can’t wait to see what adventure they have in store.