Summer is right around the corner…

Spring has just started not too long ago and I already excited for summer. I am ready for nice weather and the spring semester to be over. I am ready to relax and be back at home for a while. I plan on working over the summer and taking a class though. The class should be easy and I am fine working over the summer to get some extra cash.

I have learned a lot throughout my first year of college, and I will admit that I thought I would enjoy college more. I am always thinking about due dates, tests, or homework. I also worry about the future too much, and think about classes that I will take during my junior year. I believe that I will reflect on this year over the summer and come into my sophomore year of college with a better state of mind.

Summer is a great time for me to relax with my family and friends. I miss my family a lot. I go home most weekends, but I never really get to hangout and relax with them cause I am either doing homework or they are doing their own things. I also miss my pets too. Summer is a time where I take my dog to the beach, the park, and on walks. It is relaxing to just take your dog out on a walk or to the beach. I will also be able to see my girlfriend a lot more. She still lives back at home so I am only able to see her on weekends. We have been together for about 4 years and I consider her to be my best friend.

Lastly, I am excited to have a room to myself again. My roommate and I get along fine and our room is nice, but I would like my space. Our dorm room is small and we do not really have privacy. My room back at home is bigger and does not look as boring. Having my own space back for a bit will make me feel better.

I believe that everybody is ready for summer and are ready to take a break from school. The one thing that I am afraid of is that I will waste my summer. I want to go to a few places and do a few things. I do not want to waste my summer by just going to work and that one class.

3 Replies to “Summer is right around the corner…”

1. I can’t wait for summer school is so stressful but fun at the same time. I’m going to work and save up money and spend time with my two adorable dogs. I am going to miss my friends that I have made and the city vibe.

2. I can relate a lot with your blog. Like you, my first year did not go the way I expected it to. I thought that I would be able to go to a bunch of cool events, make a lot of friends, and survive well on my own. As the end of the semester gets closer, I feel more excited to be done with college for a couple of months. I can be with my family and dogs without a time constraint. However, I am going to take summer classes for my major. I technically would not be taking a break, but compared to my current work load, I will feel so much better. I think summer will also be a good time for me to reflect on what I learned from my first year as a college student.

3. I am so with you here. I love college, probably not as much a I thought I would, but I still love it, but I’m honestly ready to leave and go back home for a nice, relaxing summer vacation. I have to admit, this year has gone by so fast I can’t believe that it is almost over. But I am so ready not to have to worry about test and projects and be stressed all the time. You said that you didn’t want to waste your summer, that you wanted to do things, well I have a pretty good idea on some things you could do. If you’re from around here, maybe you and your friends could take a mini-vacation for a day, go somewhere different than Richmond and just have fun! For example, me and my friends both from VCU and from high school are going to pride in DC in June so we can hang out without the stress. I hope you have a great rest of the semester and a great summer!