Introduction

Hello! My name is Samantha Puller, and I am a third year student in Virginia Commonwealth University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program, class of 2020.  I am from Leesburg, Virginia, but I’m looking to make Richmond my new home–I’ve enjoyed my time here so much, and the city has so much to offer.  My professional interests lie primarily in pediatrics and brain injury/concussion rehabilitation; however, every time I experience a new setting or specialty, I can see myself working in that area.  All three of my full-time rotations have been in very different settings–inpatient neuro rehab, outpatient orthopedics, and a fusion of outpatient pediatrics and early intervention. Fortunately, I know I’ve picked the right career path, because there are aspects of each setting I’ve experienced that I enjoy. I have been involved in the Project 3IP grant program here at VCU (Interdisciplinary and Intensive Intervention Preparation for Professionals Serving Young Children with Significant Disabilities), which focuses on interdisciplinary training and education for preparation to work with infants and toddlers with complex medical needs and their families.  Prior to attending VCU, I was a cum laude graduate of Virginia Tech, where I interned in the Sports Medicine department all four years in preparation for a career in health professions (go Hokies!).  VCU’s program has afforded me with so many interesting new experiences and opportunities that have built on my interests, and I can’t wait to see where I end up.

This website serves as an inside look on my experiences across my time in VCU’s program, and how I’ve grown as a clinician, as a student, and as a professional.  For a summary of my work history, my LinkedIn is here, as well as my resume. Visit any of the menu options at the top of the site, or if you’re wanting to get inside my head and get to know me on a more personal level, my blog is the best way to do so!