Introduction

Hello! I’m Sam, a third year student in Virginia Commonwealth University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program.  My interests lie primarily in pediatrics and orthopedics; however, every time I experience a new setting or specialty, I can see myself working in that area. Fortunately, I know I’ve picked the right career path…but beyond that, I’m trying to get a feel for all of my options.

Prior to attending VCU, I was a cum laude graduate of Virginia Tech with a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise. Throughout my four years there, I worked as a student aide in the Sports Medicine department underneath both graduate assistant and full-time athletic training staff, physical therapists, and orthopedic fellows. It was an amazing way to get more out of my studies, my professional aspirations, and get more involved with the university I grew up loving.  Being a part of VCU’s program has afforded me with so many additional experiences that spark my interest that I can’t wait to see where I end up.

This website serves as an inside look on my experiences across my time in VCU’s program, and how I’ve grown as a clinician, as a student, and as a professional.  For a summary of my work history, my LinkedIn is here, as well as my resume.  Visit any of the menu options at the top of the site, or if you’re wanting to get inside my head and get to know me on a more personal level, my blog is the best way to do so!