Course wrap up

The Digital Sociology Methods course has been one of the most important courses I have taken as a sociology student. I’ve learned so many new skills including Python and digital ethnographic research methods which were two areas completely new to me.  Both of these new skills are equally important for my skill set since I’m working towards a career in digital research and user research. Python is highly valued in the tech and research industry so I’m glad I got to dip my toes in and learn the basics. This course has made me a better researcher and I’m certain that the skills I learned will be crucial for my career.

Over the summer, I’m going to be applying for research internships in the Long Beach and LA area. While I’m working on that, I’ll also be visiting my family in the Bay Area and doing a ton of outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking. I’m also going to take advantage of my break and go traveling to Mexico!

I hope everyone has an awesome summer!

Please keep in touch and feel free to add me on Linkedin here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sana-farooq-7840b2129/

1 Comment

Add yours

1. Let me know if you need a letter of recommendation, Sana. You truly are a digital sociologist and we can’t wait to see where you are going to go!