Latest News

Instagram Inquiry Project

http://instagraminquiryproject.blogspot.com/

Continue Reading

Inquiry Project BETA DRAFT

http://theinstagraminquiryproject.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/instagram-exploring-the-intricacies-of-this-new-dimensional-world/      

Continue Reading

Working on my voice

Again, there are several types of motives behind individuals who use Instagram as, Corey Howell, the author of Why Do People Share Online, explain that one of the biggest reasons why people like to share photos is to define themselves. in other words, individuals want to be perceived in a certain way to others and […]

Continue Reading

Real Estate: A new home for the Instagram topic

My new home for my topic of Instagram is Wix, at first I wanted to go with something simple so I was initially going to make another WordPress account but then I realized that to talk about a site like Instagram with it’s flashy colors and artsy photos, has to be on a site that […]

Continue Reading

Partial Draft Assignment: Instagram

Instagram, the underlying source that has captured the minds of most of the youth, from its variety of popular filters to its easy three second upload of endless selfies and pretty shots of landmarks; Instagram has this ability to turn our lives into a picture perfect story book. The basis of Instagram emphasizes picture taking […]

Continue Reading

Research Trends

Research Question: What are the underlying motives behind Instagram users and how has Instagram impacted society? sources for Instagram here is the clear version/word document link

Continue Reading

Research Nugget #7: Social media…social anxiety?!

APA Citation: Nitzburg, G. C., & Farber, B. A. (2013). Putting Up Emotional (Facebook) Walls? Attachment Status and Emerging Adults’ Experiences of Social Networking Sites.Journal Of Clinical Psychology, 69(11), 1183-1190. doi:10.1002/jclp.22045 George C. Nitzburg and Barry A. Farber’s, Putting Up Emotional (Facebook) Walls? Attachment Status and Emerging Adults’ Experiences of Social Networking Sites, explores the world of […]

Continue Reading

Concept Experience #6

It has been shown through research that feelings displayed on Facebook are contagious. If you see more positive posts than negative posts, then you start posting more positive posts as well. “It has been shown through research” : This is definitely a fail and slightly made me cringe because it made me think that this is too vague, […]

Continue Reading

Research Nugget #6

APA CITATION: Kessler, E. (2013). Social Media and the Movement of Ideas. European Judaism, 46(1), 26-35. doi:10.3167/ej.2013.46.01.04 In Edward Kessler’s, Social Media and the Movement of Ideas, the writer talks about the realities of social media and how it has become a crucial part of our everyday lives. However, what the author does is presents how it […]

Continue Reading

Concept experience #5

By William Hughes Jun 27, 2014 3:30 PM Scientists at Facebook have published a paper showing that they manipulated the content seen by more than 600,000 users in an attempt to determine whether this would affect their emotional state. The paper, “Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks,” was published in The Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences. It shows […]

Continue Reading