Research Trends

Research Question: What are the underlying motives behind Instagram users and how has Instagram impacted society?

sources for Instagram here is the clear version/word document link

chartforinsta1 chartforinsta2

Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Research Trends”

1. July 18, 2014 at 3:05 pm #

How can we use social media to cultivate happiness? This article fascinates me — given the recent Facebook data research we’ve read about. It also seems to conflict with one of your trends — i.e. that social media can “cause” envy. Do all sources use the word “envy” when they talk about this issue? (curious)

It looks like almost all of your sources talk about MOTIVES of Instagram users. Can you break down this category and tease out differences in the motives your sources address? Do all sources agree on all motives (this isn’t likely — at least I hope not! It’s much more fun when they don’t agree!).

A good sorting of your research Sarah! You are ready to write. I encourage you to think about how you will break down the motives — because that is a rich part of your question (and likely your claim). How will you reconcile the envy material with the motives?

You are ready to craft this project! Time to start writing! : )

2. July 17, 2014 at 8:40 am #

I like the way you organize your research table. It makes it easier to understand where each one belongs.