Working on my voice

Again, there are several types of motives behind individuals who use Instagram as, Corey Howell, the author of Why Do People Share Online, explain that one of the biggest reasons why people like to share photos is to define themselves. in other words, individuals want to be perceived in a certain way to others and the perfect way to do that online is through photos, “I try to share information that will reinforce the image I’d like to present: thoughtful, reasoned, kind, interested and passionate about certain things”. Youssef Rahoui, CEOat Madmagz.com and the author who wrote, The Psychology of Sharing: Why do People Share online, words reinforces Howell’s statement, that all of us want to carry a certain persona to those around us and what better way to do that in this new technological era, is through social media. More specifically, what better way to define your-self then through Instagram as it emphasizes the beauty behind photo sharing. Instagram wants individuals to take pictures of things that they are interested in and share things that you believe in because that is what fosters connection, to not only other people but a connection to your own identity. People are easily misunderstood and easily judged, so Instagram paves a way for users to control what others see and control the perception that others have about them.

Maybe a way to clean it up to make it flow a little better?

Do I need to expand on something?

Tags:

One Response to “Working on my voice”

1. July 25, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

I think it might be nice if you cut a few sentences into more, shorter sentences. Big walls of text are particularly intimidating online. I don’t know if you’re going for this, but maybe also write a little more conversationally, if that makes sense? For me, at least, since this project isn’t really a paper, I’ve been trying to write in a less paper-like style.