You Can’t Silence Me.

So I have two videos that I need all of you to see.

This first one, is from fckh8. I LOVE this video. While I don’t 100% agree that getting a whole bunch of girls to swear was the best for those kids, I SO understand the point. It is “not lady like” (misogynistic) for girls to swear at all, I can’t tell you how many times I get the “you swear like a sailor, girl!” comment. F’ off. Nobody comments when a man drops the F bomb because he’s taking control, he’s in charge, he’s in power. A girl dropped the f bomb to make a point, and she’s aggressive, she’s rude, she’s not lady like, she’s a bitch. That crap is MISOGYNISTIC.

“I shouldn’t need a penis to get paid!”

“One out of every five women will be raped or sexually assaulted by a men, one. two. three. four. five. So which one of us will it be?”

“My aspirations in life should not be worrying about the shape of my ass!”

Another SERIOUSLY GREAT video is these three girls who are part of the Get Lit Campaign to raise the literacy levels in teenagers through poetry– so they wrote their own poem that they won third place IN THE WORLD in an international poetry contest for.

“It is better to be silent THAN TO MAKE THINGS UNCOMFORTABLE.”

“Just because something happens doesn’t mean you are to talk about it”

“Somewhere in America a school girl is getting felt up by a grown man on the subway, still in her school uniform and that’s part of the appeal! ITs hard to run in knee socks and mary janes and all her male teachers know it too.”

“The greatest lessons are the one’s you don’t remember learning!” — Do you remember anyone ever actually telling you that booty shorts were for girls? Did anyone have to tell you that as a woman you need to fight twice as hard to get a job that you’ve earned? Do you remember the moment you learned that you if you’re alone with a man, you should be nervous? Do you remember learning that shit isn’t fair?

Because I don’t remember learning it, but I certainly know it now.

2 thoughts on “You Can’t Silence Me.”

1. Thank you so much for your post. It is so empowering to see young people challenging society. I hope that it is lasts. We have more access to truth; but, in the same breath, we have more access to distractions. I worry about our future generations. It scares me how much the forces of misogyny still permeate our culture. I look at victims of sex crimes. Sex crimes are the only crimes where victims are considered alleged victims. When your house is broken into, you are not an alleged victim of theft. When you are murdered, you are not an alleged murder victim. Sex crimes are the only crimes, where the victim becomes questioned. The sad part is this misogyny is exactly the reason why sex convictions of homosexual men are higher, and the predatory practices on females are grossly under reported.

2. Great videos Alexa! lol vulgar, but straight to the point.. I like it! This society is so backwards and is structured with so many double standards, people don;t know which way is up. The everyday shit women have to go through just because of the misogynistic ideals our society promotes is just ridiculous. Great blog!