Lookin’ at the world like,”Where do we go?”

I’m nearing the end of my junior and I get asked by lots of people what I plan on doing after I graduate college, and I tell them the same answer, “I don’t know”. I think about the Personal Mission Statements that we’ve been working on in class, and I realize that my success isn’t measured by how much money I make, but, by how fulfilled my life is in the end. Don’t do things in life to become happy, but rather, do things in life BECAUSE you’re happy. It’s that kind of happiness that’s contagious and draws people together. Looking at my own personal mission statement, I realized that I need to use my gifts to their fullest advantage because I was blessed with them for a reason. Now, what does this have to do with finding a career? I’m not entirely sure, but what I do know is that perseverance and a great attitude are key components in being successful in life, and I know that from my own mission statement, it isn’t about what I can get from a career that drives me. For me, it’s more about what can I give? If I go into this career or pursue this job, in the end how can I be giving back?