Maurice Coles is available for students and faculty with tech support in-office Monday-Friday from 11 AM-12 PM, and over the phone/email from 5PM-6PM. He will assist you in the order in which he receives your requests. His contact information is email@example.com.
SoE Gsites Help for Faculty/Staff
Blackboard Help for Students
Blackboard Help’s searchable topics and step-by-step instructions will help you find the information that you need about Blackboard Learn™ Release 9.1.
Additional technical assistance resources for Blackboard can be found here.
UPDATE!: Please note, the technical personnel responsible for managing the Google Sites are NOT responsible for Blackboard. If you are experiencing issues with the newly updated Blackboard system, please contact the VCU Help IT Center. You may e-mail the VCU Blackboard Technical staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 828-2227. You may also submit a help ticket by going to http://go.vcu.edu/helpIT. A support staff member (from BlackBoard) will then contact you as soon as possible.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.4 or greater or Windows 7 or greater;
- Hardware: Minimum of 2 GB of RAM, 10 GB minimum of free disk space on hard drive, sound card, speakers, and Wireless Network Interface Card (WNIC) must be compatible with 5 Ghz or 2.4/5Ghz dual band wireless. (Highly recommended: 4GB RAM, USB 2.0,
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Office 2010 or greater; Adobe Acrobat/Reader X or latest version; Windows Media Player 11.0 or greater; Internet Explorer 8 or greater; Firefox 3.6 or greater; Java Version 7 Update 51 or greater; Google Chrome Version 33.0.1750.117 or greater,
- Email: Configuration of Virginia Commonwealth University student email account is mandatory as it is the official communication method for the University.
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Office Excel Viewer
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer
- Microsoft Office Word Viewer
- Microsoft Office Professional Suite (for VCU Staff and Students)
Remote Technical Support
Remote technical assistance is available to students and staff while active in the course. Students, faculty, and staff can use TeamViewer to receive assistance through desktop sharing, file sharing, and other support methods. TeamViewer, the official remote support solution for VCU School of Education, allows only authorized staff to connect to a device to assist the user. Users can interact directly with the support staff as well as monitor what the support staff are doing on their devices in real-time. Support via TeamViewer is provided here.
Disclaimer: By engaging in the remote technical support session, you are authoring Maurice Coles (technical support team member) to connect to your device to provide remote technical support. After you disconnect the session no from VCU or the School of Education will have access to your device(s).