Week 10 | Lecture

All of you are now familiar with High Incidents disabilities.     This week, I would like you to consider.
1. How the high incidents disabilities are similar to each other.
2. What endorsements from Virginia are associated with High Incidents disabilities.
3. What are the options for you if you want to delve deeper into Low Incidence Disabilities.
Video Transcript

All of you have gained valuable knowledge examining individuals with low incidence disabilities. This week, I want you to think about how the different low incidence disabilities are similar, and I want you know how the state of Virginia defines low incidence disabilities with your endorsement.

You are working towards an endorsement as a special education teacher general curriculum specialist; this will help you to work with individuals with sensory impairments, emotional and behavioral disabilities, communication disabilities, orthopedic conditions, mild Intellectual Disability, and autism in some cases.

I would encourage you to continue to take classes and work to get the additional endorsement to help you to develop a more robust set of teaching skills.   In Virginia you can take classes and earn a masters degree by participating in the Severe Disabilities consortium.

PLEASE TRY TO HAVE EVERYTHING TURNED IN BY SUNDAY JULY, 20TH, 2014.