MHIS243 ThoughtsOnListening

Thoughts on Listening- Eric Seigle

I like the bell or gong instrument starting at 00:04- 00:16- 00:28 and so on. I love how they get louder and louder which makes it feel like you are getting closer and closer to the music. I could see this type of sound be used during a movie when havoc is going on. I believe it is musical because it has a specific pattern, although the same pitch, it is about the same time apart. I would love to use this kind of sound in a modern day sample, maybe in the back of a rap beat to make it a dark and gloomy vibe.

The next sound I would like to sample would be the bells in the background and slightly in-between those large gong sounds starting at 00:05. It sounds almost like someone ringing a bell in the town. It makes a nice background panic it the already abrupt gong noise. I believe it is musical because it follows a consistent pattern and is pleasing to my ears.

Lastly the alien like sounds at 06:19 and 06:55. This sounds like aliens may be talking to each other or something like that. I would be interested in using it as a sample to create a spacey, unknown, and spooky soundtrack. I believe it is musical because the pitch actually changes getting higher and lower.

Uncategorized

Hello world!

Welcome to Rampages.us.

This is your first post. Does it make you sad you didn’t write it? You can change that. Write something better. Change the world. You are lucky enough to be in a position to do that. Make the most of it.

A For Adventure - Wonder - Jackson Ward