Shayna Cooke

I graduated from the University of South Carolina in 2003 with my MAT in secondary Science Education after receiving my BS in Marine Biology at the University of South Carolina in 1998. As a career educator, I have spent the last 15 years in the classroom experimenting with various pedagogy to try to meet each one of my students where they are in their learning journey. I have enjoyed every moment that I have spent with my students in my classroom but I am ready to branch out of the classroom and have a larger impact on an educational community as a whole. Presently, I am a doctoral student in Administration and Leadership at VCU because I am very passionate about and committed to the profession of education and the direction that it is moving in the 21st century.

I am excited to offer my expertise and experience to schools in the areas of curriculum development & implementation and faculty support. I believe my experiences as a veteran teacher, who is focused on a student-centered approach to learning through authentic experiences and project-based learning, would be useful as well as my focus and passion for faculty development. I believe that the skills that I have developed through my classroom experiences, my practical collaborative experiences with other faculty, various professional development involvements, and leadership experiences through VCU will be valuable in supporting institutions and faculty as they adapt and change to ever changing pedagogical practices.

Supporting Documents:

Resume

Supplemental Resume Material