Ethics pt.2

I would like to reflect on the aspect of integrity. Integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles or moral uprightness. This is a concept that many people lack but one that I feel is a very vital component of being a good citizen. In a community, bad things happen that are unfortunately unpreventable but if everyone would exemplify integrity, we might have a better community or even a better world simply because everyone would in a sense be accountable for their actions and will tell the truth in everything that they do. Having strong moral principles essentially means displaying values that is to a certain standard of being the best person you can be. Although it is quite easy to fall short of these moral principles, I believe that if they are taught at an early age and built upon through adolescence and early adulthood be may create a better generation that actually values integrity and stands by it. I will contribute to this effort by continuing to be a good citizen with hopes that my actions will encourage that the people around me will do the same. We, as a whole have the ability to change this generation if we all exhibit integrity.

All in all, good ethics are needed in each and every society. The way that we go about our lives affects others more than we know it. Good ethics are the foundation of every task that we fulfil and it can engender our success in many different ways. I plan to continue to help my community by inspiring others to have good ethics so that we all as a whole can come together and be the best that we can be. Good habits and ethics start while we are young so it may be in our best interest that we start at the root of humanity (with our children) and work from there. After all, they are the future of our society.  A wise person once said ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do and that a man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world. To me, this means that making the right choices can set you apart from those who do things just because they can and those who do the right things because it will benefit not just themselves but everyone around them.

One Reply to “Ethics pt.2”

1. I agree that making the right choices sets you apart from those who do things just because they can. I believe that good ethics is important in various situations, because it can dictate how someone acts in a certain situation. When it comes to integrity it can vary in individual because it can be a reflection on how an individual was raised. As you stated in your blog if every person showed integrity then communities would be better and be more positive overall. The beginning stages of a child’s life is very crucial in their growth and development. With that being said that has a huge impact on how they act in the world and how they see those in the world.