Today I have decided to do another rant because why not, (and I just need to complain lol) but don’t worry I’ll be more inspirational at the end of my post. So anyways I don’t know if its the fact that we have just got back from spring break or that I am just behind on classes, but in this moment I feel like I am drowning in work and studying. I have been trying to find out if it is because I barely did any homework over break, or if my teachers are just giving out a lot more work and decided to all converse and plan my demise for the semester, I can’t seem to catch up for my life. All of these thoughts I have been pondering since I came back and a tweet I saw on Twitter just made me realize it even more. The tweet said “Is anyone else going through life like “yeah I just gotta make it past this week and then its smooth path from there” But like… every week?” and man did this hit me hard in relation to may homework. I tell myself I just have to finish this for the week then it will be smooth sailing, but that has not been the case in the slightest and I don’t think it will be anytime soon. I found out that I have test in my classes for the next 3 weeks, and when I haveĀ  a test that is the only thing I want to focus on which puts me even more behind on everything else. I tell myself I should just pull an all nighter one day so I can knock out some homework but that definitely isn’t gonna happen (I love my sleep too much) .

As I write this I realize that it is only the second week back here which means that I am probably just being dramatic because I have definitely been stressing myself out almost to the point of complete insanity and to the point where I don’t even want to do homework and just take an ‘F’ as my grade for the assignment, but I know I can’t do that. I was told told that sometimes you just have to take a day for yourself and relax to get yourself right. I start to realize just how correct that was because if I continue like the way I am right now, I can already tell that the end of the semester won’t be good for me and I have big goals for my grades this semester. I know that by just doing something small in my life every day that I enjoy will definitely bring me out of this funk. Also that time management is key and that will be the way that I can enjoy my own personal time while still getting work done. The only limit towards my accomplishments is myself and I know that if I keep working hard and believing that I will accomplish the goals I have in mind.

6 comments on “Stressing Myself Out

• I feel you oh my god. It’s like every time I finish a big assignment and I delete those tabs and feel relieved and happy another assignment creeps up literally seconds after. I fall into this routine where I procrastinate so much to the point where I overwhelm myself and begin to regret putting the work off for so long. But I can’t get into the groove of doing work and I begin to feel myself get lazy, especially after spring break. I’m not sure if it’s because summer is close or because we are almost done, but I have been slacking on my work ethic and it’s going to start showing on my grades if I don’t pick up the slack soon. We are all in the same boat unfortunately and there doesn’t seem to be anything we can do but help each other stay afloat (god that was cheesy but it had to be said)

• I really appreciate your blog because I literally have been feeling the exact same way. I also saw that same tweet and the fact that it was so relatable really made me realize how much I needed to get myself together. Like I’ve been so overwhelmed it’s crazy. However you’re totally correct that in order to really get yourself together you should take some time for yourself. Lately I’ve been taking deep breathes and also been meditating as much as I can. At first I didn’t really believe in mediating, but it actually has helped me a lot. I definitely recommend but I hope things get better for you!!

• I feel the exact same way. Every since spring break ended, I have felt mentally drowned. I tell myself each week to just make it to Friday. I have no motivation to complete any assignments anymore. I literally have to make myself complete them, because I cannot afford not to. I have big goals for myself as well, so I have to continually push myself. There is under two months left of the semester and I am trying my hardest to do my best until then. I know that all of this will pay off in the long run. I word hard now so that I will not have to later.

• Girl, I truly understand your blog! You are always on point with the interesting topics. I felt/feel the exact same way. Like as soon as I came back from break I felt as if I was hit with a ton of bricks. Usually I am pretty good with time management, however, I guess I was too lackadaisical over spring break. But it is my responsibility to jump back into action and get my life together. I am looking forward to finishing this semester off as strong as I started. I need to start making schedules for myself again because that helped me to better manage my time.

• After reading your blog, I relate the same problem too. I mean, it is the second week back from
    Spring break, but I feel like lots of work, tests, and projects are now pouring all over me, and I didn’t even do some homework over break, I should have so I wouldn’t be stressing out over them right now. I just wanted to take my time while doing my work, but I don’t think my professors want that since this semester is almost done. All of this is happening so fast, and it is driving me crazy. My mom gives me support by telling me that some of her coworkers had gone through the same situations when they were in college too. It’s a good idea to talk about the situation with someone who has gone through this, and they will give you helpful tips along the way.

• It’s crazy how I feel exactly like this. It’s like a never ending tunnel that I can’t reach to the end. It’s super comforting to know that I’m not the only one that feels like this, as it’s like we’re all together in the same boat. I know this is all part of the college experience, and it’s just going to get harder from here, but that is why we’re going have to be stronger and push through it. That’s how we’ll grow and get anything in our way out. Recently, I’ve noticed how hard and extreme I was on myself. I was mad at things that weren’t my fault and it leaded me to completely block out everyone and just stay in my bubble. I know that’s not a good thing to do, but moments of peace by yourself is super nice and relaxing. I learned that I’m not the only one who’s having a bad week or day, so I can’t be selfish and make sure to acknowledge others around me, as they can be having a hard time too. I think the most important thing is that we’re all in this together and will get through it together.:)