Groundwork

When I got home around 7:30 or so, I thought I’d take advantage of the cool weather and sit outside as it got dark. I sat in the growing darkness for maybe 30 minutes or so, taking note of the emerging shadows, silhouettes and blinking lights from passing fireflies. Weirdly enough I felt very comfortable considering I was sitting on the ground in the dark(luckily I was the only one outside on my street, as far as I know) and there was something very calming that came over me. I think it is partially due to the fact that I’m just a night owl and nighttime ambience, scenery and somewhat chaotic sounds is just somehow appealing to me. But, also it just feels to me as if the environment opens up more, if that makes sense. I’m not able to clearly see everything right in front of me but farther away. This I think was heightened by my perspective from the ground. I felt that feeling of insignificance, of being a tiny spot in something that was significantly more massive than I was. Then I thought back to the idea of gratitude and reciprocity. From the ground I was giving my attention to the universe and in return receiving this moment of reflection and peace.

One thought on “Groundwork

1. Lovely and lucid:
    “This I think was heightened by my perspective from the ground. I felt that feeling of insignificance, of being a tiny spot in something that was significantly more massive than I was. Then I thought back to the idea of gratitude and reciprocity. From the ground I was giving my attention to the universe and in return receiving this moment of reflection and peace.”