plastic plastic plastic

Over the last few weeks, I have come to realize and learn how much plastic surrounds us. I am very fascinated by plastic bags and how different some can be – there are cheaper ones that are definitely single use only, but there are also stronger ones that can be multi-use and/or recycled. For this project, I decided I wanted to create a plastic bag out of place bags, but one that will be able to be used multiple times instead of simple single use bags. I hate the idea that when you go to the grocery store, target, walmart, etc… you use a plastic bag to carry your goods home. Then what? They typically get thrown away and would get compacted into the GROUND !! How terrible is it that we use something once, then it goes into out Earth! 🙁 🙁 🙁 UGH!

So, behold, a ‘paper plastic bag’ … it looks like paper (since its a brown bag) but is very durable since its made out of plastic. I experimented with melting plastic bags with an iron and when you apply heat to them, they shrink. Some shrink more than others whereas some barely shrink and just melt together. Plastic is incredible durable (when the correct thickness is present) so the bag I made is designed for multiple uses. This bag was also designed to fit in my handlebar basket for my bicycle so I can take it to the store with me to help reduce my carbon footprint!

Pictures coming soon ….

One thought on “plastic plastic plastic