- Chapter 6 in Social Network Analysis: Methods & Examples by Yang & Keller.
- Choose four:
- Klerks, Peter. 2001. “The Network Paradigm Applied to Criminal Organizations: Theoretical nitpicking or a relevant doctrine for investigators? Recent developments in the Netherlands.” Connections 24(3): 53-65.
- Johnson, J.A. & Reitzel, J.D. (2011). “Social network analysis in an operational environment: Defining the utility of a network approach for crime analysis using the Richmond City Police Department as a case study”
- Haynie, Dana L and Danielle C. Payne. 2006. “Race, Friendship Networks and Violent Delinquency.” Criminology. v44n4.
- Levendosky, Alytia A., G. et al. 2004. “The Social Networks of Women Experiencing Domestic Violence.” American Journal of Community Psychology v34 Nos 1-2 Sept.
- Schreck, C. J, B.S Fischer and J. M. Miller. 2004. The Social Context of Violent Victimization: A Study of the Delinquent Peer Effect. Justice Quarterly v21n1 March, p. 23-47.
- Haynie, Dana L. 2001. “Delinquent Peers Revisited: Does Network Structure Matter?” The American Journal of Sociology. v106 n4 Jan, pp. 1013-1057.
- McGloin, J.M. & D.S. Kirk. (2010) “An Overview of Social Network Analysis.” Journal of Criminal Justice Education v21i2.
- Find two articles which use SNA to analyze crime and/or deviance in a digital setting to discuss in your blog
- Using Hypothes.is, annotate and discuss your peers’ Week #9 blog. Make at least four annotations across your peer’s blogs. These annotations can either be original posts or replies. Be sure to post inside the SNA18 group AND tag each of your posts with your name.
- Blog #10:
- Using your Rampages blog, review two articles which use SNA to analyze crime/deviance. What is the research question? How is the data collected? What is the sample population? What are the nodes? What are the links? What are the results? How does SNA as a methodology help advance our understanding of these types of relationships?
- Reflection #10:
- Let’s use this reflection to begin planning your large network paper. What ideas are you exploring? Are you going to start a new project? Expand on your small paper project? Or work with Prof. Pastore to find a secondary data source? Discuss your ideas as well as what you think will be the pros/cons of your plan.