Incubator, Learning Spaces, People, VCU ALT Lab

Faculty Reflections

18 May , 2016  

This was an experiment. I wanted to capture reflections regarding their experiences working in the incubator classroom. We used flipgrid as a medium, and all of us thought it worked really well.

From the Field, Incubator

Audio

22 Mar , 2016  

This is a story about a buddy of mine Cooper meeting his last ex-girlfriend. He’s near my height, hair’s a shade or two off, but that’s all I’m going to write. Any description of him I give will be overwritten by your own Cooper – we all have our Coopers – once you see your […]

From the Field, Incubator

Audio

22 Mar , 2016  

Incubator, Social Work, Student Reflections

Student Reflection Learning Spaces

14 Mar , 2016  

All of my classrooms this semester, aside from ours in 311, are very traditional. Plastic chairs with attached small wooden table fronts, arranged uniformly in row and column, faced towards the separated professor. Initially I was a bit ovewhelmed & anxious walking into our first day of class given our rooms layout. I’m naturally quite introverted and […]

Student Reflection – Learning Spaces Pros and Cons

14 Mar , 2016  

Read more here. I’m starting my blog a little off tangent, however, I don’t like that the room is called “the incubator room”. I personally think of my son, who was in the NICU for 6 weeks and was in an incubator for much of that time. Anyways, besides the name I really like the layout […]

Uncategorized

Student Reflection

14 Mar , 2016  

See it here.  

Incubator, Social Work, Student Reflections, VCU ALT Lab

Social Work & Oppressed Groups

14 Mar , 2016  

Learning Spaces Fellow, Dr. Shelby McDonald, teaches a course in the School of Social Work entitled: Social Work and Oppressed Groups (SLWK 311). Dr. McDonald uses the incubator classroom as a physical metaphor to challenge students to make explicit connections between what they are studying and their own choices, behaviors, and social structures within the […]