April 11 – 17
- To reflect on the relationship of the arts in supporting learning throughout the classroom environment.
- To develop instructional activities and supporting materials for including the arts in primary curriculum.
- To identify ways in which the arts can be used to support the VA Standards of Learning for children in the K-5 classrooms.
- Discussion on Chapter 11 and Blog Prompts
- 3D design and printing – Day 2
- research survey
- 3D printed lesson idea
- You will create an instructional activity incorporating the 3d printer
- Everyone in your group will create a blog post that includes the digital file and a picture of the 3d artifact, as well as a description of the activity, everyone will print out their own artifact
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901” and “MakingActivity18”
- Tag post with “week12” and any other tags you think are useful
- This is due by 4/18 by class time
- Read Chapter 12 – Due 4/16 by midnight
- Daily art posts (minimum 3) – Due 4/17 by midnight
- put posts in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag posts with “DailyArt”, the Virginia SOL that inspired the art (ie. “science3.8”), and any other tags you think are useful
- Weekly blog post – Due 4/16 by midnight
- In this week’s reading, the author showcased the power of collaborative art projects to “help students move beyond the wall of acquiescence to find their place in the community” through the mural project. What organizations/entities do you think would want to collaborate in order to help facilitate the students’ perspectives? What experiences have you had in the past either as a learner or an instructor with other organizations in terms of integrating art into the K12 curriculum?
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag post with “week12” and any other tags you think are useful
- Respond to 2 classmates’ posts – Due 4/18 by class time
- Respond to two of your classmates’ posts. How do you think their suggestions would improve your learning if you were one of their students?