April 18 – 24
- To reflect on the relationship of the arts in supporting learning throughout the classroom environment.
- To develop instructional activities and supporting materials for including the arts in primary curriculum.
- To identify ways in which the arts can be used to support the VA Standards of Learning for children in the K-5 classrooms.
- Discussion on Chapter 12 and Blog Prompts
- Squishy Circuits
- Simple Circuits
- Electrical Sculptures
- Art/Making Activity – Due 4/25 by class time
- We are asking you to post the four sculptures you made with your group, and describe how each activity could be incorporated to teach a specific SOL.
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901” and “MakingActivity18”
- Tag post with “week13” and any other tags you think are useful
- Daily art posts (minimum 3) – Due 4/24 by midnight
- put posts in category “tedu411902”
- tag posts with “DailyArt”, the Virginia SOL that inspired the art (ie. “science3.8”), and any other tags you think are useful
- Final art project update – Due 4/24 by midnight
- Write a blog post describing your work to date on your final art project
- Provide pictures if applicable. What have you done so far? What have learned so far in the process? What steps are left for you to complete the project?
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901” and “FinalProject18”