April 25 – May 1
- To reflect on the relationship of the arts in supporting learning throughout the classroom environment.
- To develop instructional activities and supporting materials for including the arts in primary curriculum.
- To identify ways in which the arts can be used to support the VA Standards of Learning for children in the K-5 classrooms.
- Check your grades
- Wearing the Weather Design Task
- Two awards : engineering & art ( 3 points to each group member on winning team)
- What did you learn or practice during this activity?
- Art/Making Activity – Due 5/1 by midnight
- Please post pictures of all 4 of your groups designs in a blog post
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901” and “MakingActivity18”
- Tag post with “week14” and any other tags you think are useful
- Read Chapter 9 – Due 4/30 by midnight
- Weekly blog post – Due 4/30 by midnight
- For this post, i want you to do the first “Explorations to try, in your textbook, on page 201. Do parts “a” and “b”.
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag post with “week14” and any other tags you think are useful
- Respond to 1 classmate’s posts – Due 4/30 by class time
- You will respond to one of your classmates by doing part “c” of “explorations to try”, in your textbook on page 201. That is, you will listen to the piece of music that they listened to, and will respond as indicated in the text.
- Daily art posts (minimum 3) – Due 5/1 by midnight
- put posts in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag posts with “DailyArt”, the Virginia SOL that inspired the art (ie. “science3.8”), and any other tags you think are useful
- Final Project – Due 5/9 by class time
- Final Projects are due in two weeks
- Come prepared to share your work and experiences
- You will be provided class time to do evals, 2 points added for everyone if we get 100% response rate
- ****No class on May 1, Final Presentations on May 9