January 31 – February 7
- To reflect on the relationship of the arts in supporting learning throughout the classroom environment.
- To develop instructional activities and supporting materials for including the arts in primary curriculum.
- Questions on Rampages/Blogs
- Discussion on Chapter 1 and Blog Prompts
- art as text vs text as art
- benefits of technology vs drawbacks
- 3 ways the activity addressed art
- Integrating music
- What does your song add to the content? How does it facilitate learning? What else doe it do?
- Read Chapter 2 – Due 2/5/18 by midnight
- Daily art posts (minimum 3) – Due 2/6/18 by midnight
- put posts in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag posts with “dailyart18”, the Virginia SOL that inspired the art (ie. “science3.8”), and any other tags you think are useful
- Work on final art projects (Ongoing)
- Weekly blog post – Due 2/5/18 by midnight
- In this week’s reading, the author describes three ways in which the arts can be effectively used in the classroom (learning with, learning through, and learning about the arts). This week in class you experienced creating and crafting your own song. How did the activity exemplify the three ways arts can be used for learning? Did the activity focus more on one of the three ways?
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901”
- tag post with “week3” and any other tags you think are useful
- Respond to 2 classmates’ posts – Due 2/7 by class time
- Respond to two of your classmates’ posts. In your response, provide feedback to them on other ways music can impact learning in the classroom.
- Art/Making Activity – Due 2/7 by class time
- I would like each of you to post a recording of your song that you worked on in class.
- You will work in groups of three, but i would like each person to have a recording of the song posted on their blog.
- Put post in category “spring18tedu411section901″ and “MakingActivity18”